anyone ever use gift certificates toward paying their seapass account?

The website says two different things, first says you can use it for anything, then it says you nave to use it prior to you cruise. So just wondering if you can use it toward your bill. I called RCI and first was disconnected when they were trying to get more info, then the other person said they didn't even know that they had gift certificates available.

You can redeem the gift certificates online for onboard credit on your seapass account. Just make sure to redeem them 10 or more days prior to your cruise. I have done this in the past and when you redeem them online, you only get a message saying thank you for redeeming your gift certificate. I would call customer relations and ask for an e-mail confirmation of the redemption to have onboard just in case there was a problem. Also, the onboard credit will not show up on your seapass account until the 2nd day of the cruise.

If I could hi-jack this thread :)

I wanted to start putting money on our Seapass account that way I don't have to put anything on a credit card at the end of the cruise...I was thinking of putting $50 a week in the account until our cruise. I have looked everyone on the RCCI site and have not found any where to do this....

BUT...if I purchase RCCI gift certificates, I can redeem them and the funds will then be placed on my Seapass account? Is that right???

Just trying to find a way to start saving money for onboard spending (specifically for the "adult arcade") without having to show up with a bunch of dinero...or another monthly payment :)

Any recommendations?

If I could hi-jack this thread :)

I wanted to start putting money on our Seapass account that way I don't have to put anything on a credit card at the end of the cruise...I was thinking of putting $50 a week in the account until our cruise. I have looked everyone on the RCCI site and have not found any where to do this....

BUT...if I purchase RCCI gift certificates, I can redeem them and the funds will then be placed on my Seapass account? Is that right???

Just trying to find a way to start saving money for onboard spending (specifically for the "adult arcade") without having to show up with a bunch of dinero...or another monthly payment :)

Any recommendations?

You can also call Gifts & Gear & order OBC for yourself...that might be simpler

I believe that they have to be redeemed 10 days prior to sailing. We attempted to use one while on-board for our seapass account and they would not accept it. They pointed us to the fine print. :o

Crystal

and I think it is 10 Business Days before the cruise departs, so be careful of those weekends and holidays. The gift certificates are easy to redeem online.

And a note on the gift certs- you get them e-mailed for free, or if you want them mailed to you they charge extra for each one, $2.50 maybe? And they are slooooowwww to arrive. So this is not something you can decide on and order close to a cruise embarkation date. :eek:

If you are thinking of giving them as a gift or using them yourself- be sure to hammer it home to the recipient to apply the gift certs right away and to order them well in advance of any cruise!

Archived