No More Chocolates?

John&John

I was reading over some of the Freedom reviews and a few different reviews commented that the chocolates left on your bed during turn down service were discontinued.

We had chocolates on the Glory 10 days ago.

Anyone know?:confused:

People over on the NCL board have been complaining about this for the last few months. Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. Chocolate and toothpaste don't mix to well, and it's not like food on the ship is sparse. If it keeps the cruise prices down, I'm for it!

Yep,they be gone in the near future.

Those things game me the skips anyways !:D

No big deal. We just spend 10 nights on the Destiny told the cabin stewart after 1st night don't like them, don't need them. But he left them for all 10 nights. So they were lined up on the desk when we left, maybe he wanted them! :)

I don't really care about the chocolates one way or another, but it was a nice touch.

I have to admit that I'm glad the steward left them on the capers on the bed instead of on the pillows. I've slept with chocolate more than one! :D

awwwwwwwwwwww too bad about the chocolates!!!

I would never eat them but saved them the whole cruise and would always purchase a little container of some sort and fill it with chocolate.

My granddaughter LOVES this, I guess I'll have to buy chocolate from now on and fill her container, cause she's spoiled and will definitely miss it if I don't.

Carole

My poor hemorrhoids , reminds me back when i was a kid and ate a whole box of Chocolate flavored EX LAX .:(

At least mom didn't paddle my butt because of it :)

I'm pretty sure your mom didn't want that thing pointed in her direction after finding out what you'd consumed. ;)

My kids actually really look forward to those chocolates, so hopefully they still have them in a few weeks on the Splendor.

Not that I'm encouraging a sugar-laden treat before bed...ok, I am...but if the chocolates happen to be gone when you cruise, perhaps a good substitute would be cookies and milk from room service? ;)

Not that I'm encouraging a sugar-laden treat before bed...ok, I am...but if the chocolates happen to be gone when you cruise, perhaps a good substitute would be cookies and milk from room service? ;)

Or, I would see if the Duty-Free is selling the Cadbury Dairy Milk in the squares. It's a definite upgrade from the junk they leave on your pillow. Or, throw a box of Andes mints in your bag before leaving home. ;)

Only sort of OT, but I can't resist sharing this:

On a Conquest cruise with my adult sisters in 2005, on embarkation night we returned to the room after turn-down service, and the chocolates had been laid out on our pillows. Believe it or not, one of my sisters said, in all seriousness, "Why are there butter pats on our pillows?" :eek::rolleyes::D

Or, I would see if the Duty-Free is selling the Cadbury Dairy Milk in the squares. It's a definite upgrade from the junk they leave on your pillow. Or, throw a box of Andes mints in your bag before leaving home. ;)

Yeah, I never cared for the taste of the Carnival chocolates, but my daughter always beamed like she was a princess when she saw them waiting for us. I love Andes, but Princess Picky hates mints. She prefers cookies:

109cccookie-1.jpg

Archived