Going on Spledour of the Seas March Break

4marty4

Hi, I am travelling on Splendour with my 2 kids. My husband won't cruise so it will just be me alone and the kids. Ages 11 (boy) and 14 (girl). Do you know if the teen program is good for 14 year olds. My daughter is pretty mature and would probably rather hang with the 15-17 year olds. Is that a problem if she goes to the older group or do they make them wear "age bracelets" or something.;)

Hello...WE just got back from the Splendor to the Western Caribbean. I must say that after being on several RCCL ships, the Splendor in our opinion is not the best ship for teens compared to the Voyager class ships. Most of the people on our curise were 50 and over and there were hardly any kids on the cruise.

Since the ship is older that the Voyager class ships and less expensive in price, many retirees take this cruise and ship. Don't get me wrong, the ship was wonderful and so was the food, service and entertainment, but the atmosphere was very subdued and there were not as many activities onboard like the Voyager class ships.

At least those ships have a huge teen center and game room, a great dsico for kids, and ice skating rink and much more.

Again, this is just my opinion and maybe someone else thinks differently, but I think hyour children would be much happier on a Voyager class ship.

I hope this helps a bit.

Dave

Since you are talking about Spring Break time, I think you will find that there will be plenty of kids/teens.

Each cruise has a different make up of kids. Have your daughter go and check it out. It's a great place to at least meet up with some others even if they choose not to do all of the activities.

:( Well I just wanted to thank Dave for his information. I have already booked and paid for this cruise and I don't think I will be allowed to change ships. Oh well I guess I will make the best of it and hope that there are other kids on board for my kids to socialize with.

Hi Sheffie,

Thats too bad, we are going a couple weeks ahead of you. I hope you have a great time. I can hardly wait, especially with all the cold weather we are having here in Toronto. I just want to relax and read a book and bake in the sun. I am looking forward to going to Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Everything I have read about that is favourable.

Archived