Cartagena, Colombia

wallypbear

If you have been to Cartagena did you take a ship's tour(which one) or explore on your own? Thanks, Kevin

Hi Kevin,

We took a ship's tour through the old city. The old city is amazing, but look out for the vendors. Aggressive does not even begin to describe them. Once we got back into the van they would knock on the windows trying to get your attention and while walking through the old city would not leave you alone.

Best of luck on your upcoming cruise

If you have been to Cartagena did you take a ship's tour(which one) or explore on your own? Thanks, Kevin

I have been there this November. I with some friends just explored on our own. We have negotiated with the cab drivers out side the fence (do not go to the ones inside the fence) for a price for the whole day. We told him were we want to go (the old city, the fort, the monastery) and where he should be picking us up during the day.

Turns out to be much cheaper than the ship tours (especially if you share the cab) and gives much more freedom.

I will not do it by myself though, as the roads from the port and to some of the attractions is not in the best of places and I felt more comfortable with some others with me.

Archived