Question about Rooms on the Pearl

Deacon22

I am looking at a cruise to Alaska aboard the Pearl in June. Is the very last room on the Port side a bad idea? The room # is 10662. Being that it is still available, I would think that it is not a good room to take.

Thanks.

Some might offer that the back of the ship is less desirable, but a lot depends on the weather when you go. The room itself will be mostly like any other. A lot of people prefer the port side on the Pearl itinerary so this is a plus. The biggest "negative" is that it is a long ways to the theater for example.

Also, I have seen rooms pop up periodically as people cancel (such as when final payment is due) so it may have just freed up and could have been booked before that. They also seem to hold some rooms (guarantees have to go somewhere). So I wouldnt use availability as a sole indicator of its goodness or badness. The biggest indicator is whether it is still available tomorrow....

Archived