Cigar smoking on balcony?

Can I smoke my Cubans on my stateroom balcony?

By the way, as I will be flying into Miami, and plan on bringing my Cuban cigars with me from Canada, should I remove the cigar bands before leaving for the US?

Legally you can not bring them into the USA.

Personally I think it is a stupid law.

I would never bring illegal cigars into the USA, but i would not bring any cigars in as I don't smoke.:D

By the way, as I will be flying into Miami, and plan on bringing my Cuban cigars with me from Canada, should I remove the cigar bands before leaving for the US?

I don't know what the exact laws are for this but being they are legal in Canada and you are passing through the U.S. and you are not intending to sell them to anyone, I don't know why anybody would give you any grief. It's not like you are importing them. I guess the safe way would be to remove the bands. I've read if a U.S. citizen comes back to the U.S. with unbanded cigars (provided they are searched) they are assumed cuban and confiscated. I thought I read somewhere, Canadians passing through the U.S are allowed to carry them but must pay taxes when you get back to Canada if you exceed Canadian allowances. Interesting question, I posted it on the "cigars aficiandos" thread to see if anybody there had any idea.

I don't know what the exact laws are for this but being they are legal in Canada and you are passing through the U.S. and you are not intending to sell them to anyone, I don't know why anybody would give you any grief. It's not like you are importing them. I guess the safe way would be to remove the bands. I've read if a U.S. citizen comes back to the U.S. with unbanded cigars (provided they are searched) they are assumed cuban and confiscated. I thought I read somewhere, Canadians passing through the U.S are allowed to carry them but must pay taxes when you get back to Canada if you exceed Canadian allowances. Interesting question, I posted it on the "cigars aficiandos" thread to see if anybody there had any idea.

You are not allowed to bring the cubans off the ship even if you are from Canada. They always say the last night "Smoke them tonight cuz you can't take them off the ship." Thanks, Lynda

I thought I read somewhere that you cannot smoke cigars on your balcony....you have to smoke them in the "cigar lounge". Please verify because DH would love to bring some.

According to the Capers from our Janury cruise, cigar smoking is allowed only in the cigar bar. I personally think that not being allowed to smoke cigars on the balcony stinks. I love the smell of a good cigar.

This is the only thing I could find on Carnival's website regarding smoling.

Is there a smoking policy for spa cabins?

Smoke Free Policy for Carnival Splendor, Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic Spa Staterooms Carnival Cruise Lines has designated the spa stateroom and suite accommodations (inclusive of the balcony), on the Carnival Splendor, Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic, as an entirely smoke free environment. Guests booked in a spa cabin agree to strictly comply with this non-smoking policy and refrain from smoking or allowing any other guests from smoking in the spa cabin.

To preserve spa standards and ensure staterooms and suites are free of smoke residue, Carnival will assess a $250.00 reconditioning fee per spa stateroom or suite for guests that do not comply with the non-smoking policy. This charge will be applied to the guest's Sail and Sign account.

This is the only thing I could find on Carnival's website regarding smoling.

Is there a smoking policy for spa cabins?

Smoke Free Policy for Carnival Splendor, Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic Spa Staterooms Carnival Cruise Lines has designated the spa stateroom and suite accommodations (inclusive of the balcony), on the Carnival Splendor, Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic, as an entirely smoke free environment. Guests booked in a spa cabin agree to strictly comply with this non-smoking policy and refrain from smoking or allowing any other guests from smoking in the spa cabin.

To preserve spa standards and ensure staterooms and suites are free of smoke residue, Carnival will assess a $250.00 reconditioning fee per spa stateroom or suite for guests that do not comply with the non-smoking policy. This charge will be applied to the guest's Sail and Sign account.

So does that mean you can smoke on your balcony (Legend). What about cigarettes?

I thought I read somewhere that you cannot smoke cigars on your balcony....you have to smoke them in the "cigar lounge". Please verify because DH would love to bring some.

According to the Capers from our Janury cruise, cigar smoking is allowed only in the cigar bar. I personally think that not being allowed to smoke cigars on the balcony stinks. I love the smell of a good cigar.

you may love your cigars..most others don't...go to the cigar bar..why ruin my vacation for your minor comfort..I am super sensitive to cigars and some idiot is always smoking where its prohibited let alone where it is just rude

You ARE allowed to smoke them on your balcony...the cigar lounge is the only INDOOR place you can smoke them...any OYTDOOR area where smoking is permitted you can smoke cigars.

Do I smoke on my balcony? Well, maybe.

that is one of the reasons to pay for a balcony.:cool:

at least it's not home grown skunk weed that someone on the Splendor had a few doors down last April. :eek::rolleyes::p

Gave me a headache...so I went inside till they were done and then went back out. :D

You can enjoy smoking your cigars IF you keep the smoke off my balcony.

You can enjoy smoking your cigars IF you keep the smoke off my balcony.

How does a "considerate' smoker keep the smoke off our balcony? We purchased our cabin so we could also enjoy our balcony as well.

Sounds to me, you would be better off sailing with X.. They have a smoking policy that is more to your liking..;)

Bulldog

Archived