Cigar smoking on balcony?

smokers assume their smoke goes out to sea..it doesn't...your smoke affects others..but then they are not important

hate to preach but come on folks

Hate to preach back but don't book a balcony if the smoke bothers you. Smoking is allowed. Book an inside or try a different line.

since people who do this are too self important to understand the harm they do its a waste of my time arguing the point..please just post when you will cruise so the rest of us know what ships to avoid

why don't you just avoid all Carnival ships. That way we can all be happy.

Hate to preach back but don't book a balcony if the smoke bothers you. Smoking is allowed. Book an inside or try a different line.
Now that a simple question about cigars has evolved into yet another smoking debate, this thread will probably get pulled like all the others..:rolleyes:

Some cigars have a wondrful aroma. Some are STINKY - YUCKY - AWFUL. When at sea, with the winds blowing aft, go for it. When in port - please wait for sail-away, or go up on deck 11/12. How does that sound? I think that is a nice compromise. Agree?:D

Hey I'm on the same cruise. We will have to get together and enjoy a smoke or two. What are your favorites?

Hey, zammer217. Yeah, on same cruise, also on roll call, and we're both on *****. If we don't get acquainted at the Meet & Greet (which I doubt we'll attend now that the bunco and crafts crowd have seemingly hijacked it), we'll have to arrange a different way to get together and enjoy a smoke or two. Will be bringing quite a few sticks, and would likely be bringing fewer if I thought I could buy some genuine Habanas in one of our ports, but am not too optimistic. No LCDH outlets. Partial to maduros, Patron, Partagas, Fuente, Patel, and some local hand-rolled. Anything rich and full-bodied. Just smoked a cuban Cohiba maduro today (had a pleasant weather break so could enjoy patio) and fell in love. Heavenly. Send me an email on ***** and suggest a means to get together on cruise. Will look forward to it.

Gary

Hey, zammer217. .....Will be bringing quite a few sticks, and would likely be bringing fewer if I thought I could buy some genuine Habanas in one of our ports, but am not too optimistic. No LCDH outlets. Partial to maduros, Patron, Partagas, Fuente, Patel, and some local hand-rolled. Anything rich and full-bodied. Just smoked a cuban Cohiba maduro today (had a pleasant weather break so could enjoy patio) and fell in love.

Gary

There is a thread called "cigar aficiandos" that might help you locate some places not LCDH in your ports. You might have to do a search on the thread title, it get buried 3 or 4 pages deep because they aren't on it all the time. It keeps the antismoking whiners off the thread. A cigar blogger named CigarDude gave me some places that are reliable for genuine habanos in ports without a LCDH.

No matter where you are from...cubans can not cross our boarders legally.

People visiting in the United States, including Canadian citizens, are subject to U.S. law regarding travel to Cuba. They are prohibited from spending money (in any currency) relating to Cuban travel unless they are licensed by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). For more information, please visit the Website of the OFAC.

Transactions Involving Cuban-Origin Goods in Third Countries

The question is often asked whether United States citizens or permanent resident aliens or visitors to the United States may legally purchase Cuban origin goods, including tobacco and alcohol products, in a third country for personal use inside the United States. The answer is no. The Regulations prohibit persons subject to the jurisdiction of the United States from purchasing, transporting, importing, or otherwise dealing in or engaging in any transactions with respect to any merchandise iinside the United States if such merchandise

(1) is of Cuban origin; or

(2) is or has been located in or transported from or through Cuba; or

(3) is made or derived in whole or in part of any article which is the growth, produce or manufacture of Cuba. Thus, in the case of cigars, the prohibition extends to cigars manufactured in Cuba and sold in a third country and to cigars manufactured in a third country from tobacco grown in Cuba.

In reality, it is against the law for US citizens to purchase and use products from Cuba (or any embargoed country) even outside the US.

All of this information is available on both the Canadian Border and Security Agency / US Customs and Border Protection / US Treasury websites.

People visiting in the United States, including Canadian citizens, are subject to U.S. law regarding travel to Cuba. They are prohibited from spending money (in any currency) relating to Cuban travel unless they are licensed by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). For more information, please visit the Website of the OFAC.

Transactions Involving Cuban-Origin Goods in Third Countries

The question is often asked whether United States citizens or permanent resident aliens or visitors to the United States may legally purchase Cuban origin goods, including tobacco and alcohol products, in a third country for personal use inside the United States. The answer is no. The Regulations prohibit persons subject to the jurisdiction of the United States from purchasing, transporting, importing, or otherwise dealing in or engaging in any transactions with respect to any merchandise iinside the United States if such merchandise

(1) is of Cuban origin; or

(2) is or has been located in or transported from or through Cuba; or

(3) is made or derived in whole or in part of any article which is the growth, produce or manufacture of Cuba. Thus, in the case of cigars, the prohibition extends to cigars manufactured in Cuba and sold in a third country and to cigars manufactured in a third country from tobacco grown in Cuba.

In reality, it is against the law for US citizens to purchase and use products from Cuba (or any embargoed country) even outside the US.

All of this information is available on both the Canadian Border and Security Agency / US Customs and Border Protection / US Treasury websites.

What's your point?

she was backing up my statement that no matter where you are from, it is not legal to bring cubans across our boarders. :cool:

Oh! The intent of the the post was a bit obscure. I thought the legality of bringing them in was already cleared up by you and CigarDude. :)

she was backing up my statement that no matter where you are from, it is not legal to bring cubans across our boarders. :cool:

Kelz66,

There's a guy on the "cigar aficiandos" thread looking for some info on cigars in some western Mexico ports. I've never cruised the Mexican Riviera so I couldn't help him.

Kelz66,

There's a guy on the "cigar aficiandos" thread looking for some info on cigars in some western Mexico ports. I've never cruised the Mexican Riviera so I couldn't help him.

I saw that...I cannot help since the only Mexican Riv. cruise I have been on did not stop at any ports....LOL (swine cruise) so I have no first hand info to pass on.

I saw that...I cannot help since the only Mexican Riv. cruise I have been on did not stop at any ports....LOL (swine cruise) so I have no first hand info to pass on.

A bit disappointing I'm sure, but still had to be better than working. No such thing as a bad cruise, just some are better than others!:)

A bit disappointing I'm sure, but still had to be better than working. No such thing as a bad cruise, just some are better than others!:)

exactly....we had fun..and we were with a CC group so we entertained each other...LOL

The cigar lounge was packed every night...they had an excellent latin band in there that kept the dance floor full.

But I did learn that I can only handle so many sea days....LOL

Making up for the lack of ports on my next cruise....:D

exactly....we had fun..and we were with a CC group so we entertained each other...LOL

The cigar lounge was packed every night...they had an excellent latin band in there that kept the dance floor full.

But I did learn that I can only handle so many sea days....LOL

Making up for the lack of ports on my next cruise....:D

I like the port-intensive cruises myself. I don't carry cigars with me so I pick some up in every port they are available and I always make sure we are going to ports where they are available!:D

I am not a smoker, cant stand the smell of either a cigarette or a cigar.. however if its allowed and you are in the right area by all means smoke away !!!!!!

Im quite sure that the past few carnival cruises i have been on there is no smoking in the staterooms. Balconies thats another story and only one side of the ship, which I happen to think is a fabulous rule;).. If I lay out on the "smoking" side i expect to get someone next to me who smokes, but If i lay out on the other side I can complain if they light up hehehe..

It is noted in the debarkation talk, no cubans whether (sp it doesnt look right) you are US or Canadian.

Happy Sailing to All!!!!!!!!!! May the smoke blow the opposite direction of me ;)

• 3 months later...
Yessir! Smoke 'dem suckas on the balcony!!!! :)

And on the outside deck, and in the sports bar or cigar lounge, and even in your room if you want to. ;)

I love the love of the cabin stewards face when he realizes you are smoking cigars in the room. Priceless!

black-spider-monkey.jpg

Archived