Transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral

Marsgal

Hello,

The Hampton Inn at the airport in Orlando has a cruise special for $199. This includes round trip transportation to and from Cape Canaveral. Has anyone done this? I am not worried about getting to the ship on time, but am worried about finding the shuttle after we de-board and get back to Orlando. We have a 4pm flight the day we return from our cruise.

Thanks for any tips and/or thoughts.

Sounds llike a good idea. I'm not sure how many of you are travelling, but we found it very nice to rent a car from budget (50 or so) and drive to the Radisson at the port (99). We were able to check out port canaveral and have a nice dinner, got our water for the cruise. The next morning we dropped off the car at budget and immediately got on the free shuttle for the port. When we got off the ship, the budget shuttle was waiting. We went back to Budget andrented another car (60) and went to Universal, as our flight wasn't scheduled until late. I would definitely do it this way and have the flexibility. But it's sure nice to know there is another option!

Hello,

The Hampton Inn at the airport in Orlando has a cruise special for $199. This includes round trip transportation to and from Cape Canaveral. Has anyone done this? I am not worried about getting to the ship on time, but am worried about finding the shuttle after we de-board and get back to Orlando. We have a 4pm flight the day we return from our cruise.

You would find much more info if you look on East Coast Departure threads. But here is my advise..$199 sounds expensive for hotel & shuttle. You should be able to get a hotel for around $100 a night if you look for the right deal or use something like priceline. My experience was I picked up a shuttle from Orlando airport and went to Disney overnight. The shuttle I picked up from there cost me $20 to my Disney Hotel. The shuttle I used from the hotel was Cocoa Beach Shuttle to Port Canaveral($53). I have to say after dealing with them a bit, they seemed rude and unhelpful when my friend and I called for info on the way back. Plus on the reccomendation of our hotel post cruise we used Travel Lynx. Cost us $25 per person + tip from Port Canaveral to Orlando airport. Great deal! New vans. Very professional! The number is 321-631-7796.

Good luck in your travels..

Shawn

Thanks for the thoughts. I thought $199 wasn't too bad because it included shuttle service both ways to Port Canaveral for two people, plus our hotel night. I have checked out the hotel on Trip Advisor, and based on those ratings, we are now having second thoughts.

We priced a car last night from Budget and the cost was 54.75 to the Port and 87.79 for the return trip. I will check out the other forum section and also check out Travel Lynx.

Thanks again!!

Hello,

Well, my take would be that it would be a wash whether you do the hotel "special" or room-&-rental-car. Costwise, it'll be similar. Figure $50/$60-ish each way for the rental car plus a $100 hotel room.

When we sailed out of Port Canaveral we flew (direct flight) into Orlando and grabbed a rental car. The rental car company had a shuttle to the pier in Port Canaveral (at the rental drop-off). On our way back we took a cruise sponsored shuttle transfer to the airport. The transfer cost us both about the same as a rental car.

The busses and shuttles are pretty well organized at the pier - I doubt you'd have trouble finding the hotel's shuttle - if that is the option you take.

Either way, enjoy your cruise!

You can get a 3* (Hyatt Place Orlando Airport) for $39 + tax =$50 **includes hot breakfast.

I got a room at the Renaissance 4* Orlando Airport $54 + tax = $69

Both of these I booked on Hotwire.

I booked the Renaissance pre-cruise and the Hyatt post-cruise.

I booked www.cbshuttle it was $175 round trip for us 4, I'm not sure how many you have in your group. (2 people is $116 round trip)

The shuttle driver will let you know where he will be so you can find them very easy, most likely same spot as drop-off.

I hope this helps you.:)

You can get a 3* (Hyatt Place Orlando Airport) for $39 + tax =$50 **includes hot breakfast.

I got a room at the Renaissance 4* Orlando Airport $54 + tax = $69

Both of these I booked on Hotwire.

I booked the Renaissance pre-cruise and the Hyatt post-cruise.

I booked www.cbshuttle it was $175 round trip for us 4, I'm not sure how many you have in your group. (2 people is $116 round trip)

The shuttle driver will let you know where he will be so you can find them very easy, most likely same spot as drop-off.

I hope this helps you.:)

I just booked my motel w/ special cruise pk for 139 for 4 ppl. they will shuttle you there and back. motel is comfort inn and suite port canaveral # is 321-783-2221. hope this helps. have fun!

Archived