STEAKHOUSE DRESS CODE w/TEENS

lastcall4all

I was thinking of making reservations at the Steakhouse but was concerned about the dress code. I have two teen boys who think putting on a polo and khaki's is dressing up (my DH is the same way too) so I was wondering how lax the dresscode was? What about on elegant night? IF it's enforced on elegant night, how do I find out what nights these are so I can reserve on a more informal night? Thanks for all your help. Mitzie

I was thinking of making reservations at the Steakhouse but was concerned about the dress code. I have two teen boys who think putting on a polo and khaki's is dressing up (my DH is the same way too) so I was wondering how lax the dresscode was? What about on elegant night? IF it's enforced on elegant night, how do I find out what nights these are so I can reserve on a more informal night? Thanks for all your help. Mitzie

The dress code at the steakhouse is the same regardless of elegant/informal nights in the MDR...

How do I know when the "elegant" night is? First-time cruiser here, sorry. Booked steakhouse for last night of cruise, hope that won't be an elegant night. Would teens be expected to wear jackets also (17&14y.o.)?

An experienced Freedom cruiser may swing by, but on a 7 day cruise, they are generally you first full sea day, and two days before you debark.

ADDED: If you're going on your last night, it won't be that night.

On previous Freedom 6 Day cruises with this itinerary the elegant nights were Tuesday and Thursday.

Most people would minimally adhere to the cruise elegant dress code in the Steakhouse on non cruise elegant evenings.

In other words, nice slacks and a dress shirt...

Many posts here indicate that really nice polo type shirts are OK too.

On the Glory recently, they also now allow blue jeans. (I guess they aren't getting enough business!)

I don't know how old your boys are but Carnival recommends that you allow 2 1/2 hours for dining in the steakhouse.

I know when I was a teen, that would have been boring....;)

Ate at the Steakhouse on the 2nd Elegant night of our cruise and they "requested" a jacket when I confirmed our reservation. I told her I didn't pack a jacket for the cruise and was told "not a problem". Wore a shirt and tie and all was good.

Have a great cruise.

Archived