Where is the Ecstasy?

luving2cruise

If they can sail by 10 PM they can still make port as scheduled...

:)

Thats so crazy!They were just told to leave the port and watch for the ship to return and when it returns give them 4hrs to clear or they can call carnival a recieve a cruise credit.

Galveston has certainly had more than its share of fog this year. I hope that doesn't lead the cruiselines into thinking about pulling out of Galveston. (I know nothing about other ports, whether they have fog issues or not)

Thats so crazy!They were just told to leave the port and watch for the ship to return and when it returns give them 4hrs to clear or they can call carnival a recieve a cruise credit.

Really, not crazy at all. The Coast Guard and the Harbor Master make the call on opening or closing the port. Carnival has nothing to say about it.

The folks embarking today will likely get a $15 OBC or some such for the late boarding/departure.

No one, last I checked, could control the weather...

Galveston has certainly had more than its share of fog this year. I hope that doesn't lead the cruiselines into thinking about pulling out of Galveston. (I know nothing about other ports, whether they have fog issues or not)

Nope... not an issue at all.

Every port has weather issues. Look at those poor folks at Baltimore stuck in what, two... thee snow storms this winter?

It sucks but problems like these are common to the airlines as well, right??

We went by the port at noon and the ship was not there yet.

I was talking to my NCL rep recently and she said my hopes that when NCL discontinued its Mex Riviera route they would move the Star to Houston was not gonna' happen. Number one reason - fog and other weather related issues. She said one of their new honchos just came over after 16 years w/ Carnival and said Carnival was looking at how long they could continue to stay in Galveston :eek:

We went by the port at noon and the ship was not there yet.

I was talking to my NCL rep recently and she said my hopes that when NCL discontinued its Mex Riviera route they would move the Star to Houston was not gonna' happen. Number one reason - fog and other weather related issues. She said one of their new honchos just came over after 16 years w/ Carnival and said Carnival was looking at how long they could continue to stay in Galveston :eek:

I really doubt that. Sour grapes, perhaps?

Carnival is VERY dedicated to Galveston. They've invested a ton of money in the port and intend to EXPAND Texas operations, not pull out.

Every port has weather issues.

By the way, I was told that the reason NCL pulled out several years ago was in inability to make a profit... not the case with Carnival!!

Back in Feb08 we were fogged-in overnight! I've recently(13 months now) quit smoking but back then I had to have a smoke, especially drinking, but decided the half pack or so would be sufficient until I could snag a carton on board. Well.......since we didn't leave port I couldn't get smokes. I ended paying a really nice waiter $10 bucks for 9 smokes that got me to bed. It was really nice to wake-up and see open sea. Anyway, long story short, if they smoke make sure to have extra smokes;)

Back in Feb08 we were fogged-in overnight! I've recently(13 months now) quit smoking but back then I had to have a smoke, especially drinking, but decided the half pack or so would be sufficient until I could snag a carton on board. Well.......since we didn't leave port I couldn't get smokes. I ended paying a really nice waiter $10 bucks for 9 smokes that got me to bed. It was really nice to wake-up and see open sea. Anyway, long story short, if they smoke make sure to have extra smokes;)

GEEEZ!!

Those are expensive smokes!

I haven't smoked (with the exception of a cigar now and then...) in 30 years! Back then a pack of Old Gold non-filtered was about $.45!!!

:D

GEEEZ!!

Those are expensive smokes!

I haven't smoked (with the exception of a cigar now and then...) in 30 years! Back then a pack of Old Gold non-filtered was about $.45!!!

:D

About the time I started u stopped:eek: You'll have to hook me up to where to get nice cigar in Coz.

Really, not crazy at all. The Coast Guard and the Harbor Master make the call on opening or closing the port. Carnival has nothing to say about it.

The folks embarking today will likely get a $15 OBC or some such for the late boarding/departure.

No one, last I checked, could control the weather...

Sorry didnt mean crazy as for the them not getting out of port. Its more of a unbeleiveable WOW that really happens.

Sorry didnt mean crazy as for the them not getting out of port. Its more of a unbeleiveable WOW that really happens.

Yeah... it really does happen but it's a very small percentage of sailings.

If they can't make Coz there's a fair chance they may make Progreso. Failing that it may become a Cruise To Nowhere...

We just experienced the fog (again) on our Conquest cruise...we couldn't get back in to the terminal until 2:00 pm......didn't bother us though.....we made the best of it:) We love the conveniance of cruising out of Galveston, just wish they'd add more ships and itineraries.

Still no Ecstasy! I hope she shows up soon!

Good chance the next cruise will turn into another cruises to nowhere. Been there once a real lousy port compared to Tampa, Lauderdale, Cape Canaveral. No airline service there does not help either. No wonder so few ships sail from there especially when you throw in the severely lacking ports of call.

Archived