Norwegian Majesty- Kid's Crew program

beachwarmer

I had no luck posting this question on the NCL board so I thought I would give it a try here.

I am hoping that someone can tell me about the children's splash pool on the Majesty. Is it a real pool or more like the mickey ear pool on Disney Cruise Line? As well, does anyone have any feedback on the kids's program in the 2-5 yrs age group? What kind of activities do they offer? How were the staff? I would appreciate any comments you have as we are headed to Bermuda on the Majesty in May.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

We were on the Majesty for Spring Break in '03 w/ our kids - DD10, DS2. Our daughter had fun w/ her age group (but kept comparing it to Disney Magic - not much comparison!). Our son had just turned 2 and was in the cling-y stage. He didn't want to stay without us in there. :( Kid's area was smallish, but had toys, crafts and tv for kid videos. Pool just outside kid area - small, enclosed & think it had nonskid flooring. Staff was okay, not great. One good thing, if parents wanted to stay and play w/ the children, NCL allowed it.

If you have an outgoing toddler, you will probably have a better experience than we did. Hope you have a great week!

(FYI - we froze during dinner on the Majesty - bring a sweater!)

Last Thanksgiving (05) a group of us traveled on the Majesty with 10 kids between the ages of 4 and 15. The kids program was lacking to say the best! The teens were bored... activities not geared to their age. The toddlers room was VERY small and VERY hot and stuffy. The kids seemed to have fun but never wanted to stay when we came to get them. The splash pool is just a small round concrete pool... not heated and cold. Traveling with or without kids we would never do the Majesty again. It is a bargin basement cruise!

Archived