Photo Package

red sox girl

I was on the Dawn in Feb 09 and right after that I saw they were having a special for ship photos. I want to say it was in March of 09 that they did the offer It was like 79.00 or 89.00 but it was for all the photos they took of you. Does anyone know if they are still doing that? And what the price is now?

Karen

I was on the Dawn in Feb 09 and right after that I saw they were having a special for ship photos. I want to say it was in March of 09 that they did the offer It was like 79.00 or 89.00 but it was for all the photos they took of you. Does anyone know if they are still doing that? And what the price is now?

Karen

I haven't heard of it being offered on any ship in the last few months. :(

I would love to see them bring the package deal back.

I bought the package last June on the spirit for $99. I beleive they were doing away with it though. We did have an issue though, when I bought it, I was in one cabin, my mother in another cabin. A photo of the two of us, they said needed to be charged for because it wasn't just of me or people in my cabin. Since my mother had bought the package too, we went to management and they took care of it for us. However, when they say it's for any pictures of you, they mean any pictures of Just you and people IN your cabin, so don't assume you can get a pic of you and your new best friend you just met onboard! Silly if you ask me since it's such a waste of all the photos, they just end up throwing them away. If they were smart they would go all digital so you could look up your photos and have them only print what you want.

Ok I'm done going off on my little tangent now! LOL. :)

I bought the package last June on the spirit for $99. I beleive they were doing away with it though. We did have an issue though, when I bought it, I was in one cabin, my mother in another cabin. A photo of the two of us, they said needed to be charged for because it wasn't just of me or people in my cabin. Since my mother had bought the package too, we went to management and they took care of it for us. However, when they say it's for any pictures of you, they mean any pictures of Just you and people IN your cabin, so don't assume you can get a pic of you and your new best friend you just met onboard! Silly if you ask me since it's such a waste of all the photos, they just end up throwing them away. If they were smart they would go all digital so you could look up your photos and have them only print what you want.

Ok I'm done going off on my little tangent now! LOL. :)

we bought that same deal in april on spirit and i too was wondering if they were still doing it. its nice to get such quality photos. especially when its just the wife and i and no one but strangers to take our pics. and yes its a total waste for the unpurchased images. they should spend a few dollars and digitalize the images and make them available for veiwing and ordering on the in cabin tv. the photo op is probably my only cruising pet peeve. if i know im not buying the photo, please dont take it. alot of people gripe about the nickel and dime and such or some other trivial thing they should have expected but for some reason being held hostage to get my photo taken by a crew member in a dolphin suit just irks me.

alryty, done with my tangent too thanks...

We were on the Dawn in October 08 and October 09 and the package deal was not offered on either sailing.

8x10's were 24.99 and 5x7's were 12.99 latitudes discount offered on both and occasionally they ran sales for a few hours such as buy 3 get the 4th or bu the 5x7 get the wallets and such...however we were told we couldnt double dip and latitudes discounts were not available on sale products :rolleyes:

For some people it is the bar tab that is the shocker at the end of the cruise, for me it is definitely the photo bill. I mean really who can pass up on cute/great/once in a lifetime photos of their kids?

I would definitely buy a photo package if available and completely agree with the digital idea. If they went digital they could even host a website where the money could keep rolling in by setting up a timeline like say 30 days after sailing that you could still purchase the photos and have them shipped to you.

We were on the Dawn in October 08 and October 09 and the package deal was not offered on either sailing.

8x10's were 24.99 and 5x7's were 12.99 latitudes discount offered on both and occasionally they ran sales for a few hours such as buy 3 get the 4th or bu the 5x7 get the wallets and such...however we were told we couldnt double dip and latitudes discounts were not available on sale products :rolleyes:

For some people it is the bar tab that is the shocker at the end of the cruise, for me it is definitely the photo bill. I mean really who can pass up on cute/great/once in a lifetime photos of their kids?

I would definitely buy a photo package if available and completely agree with the digital idea. If they went digital they could even host a website where the money could keep rolling in by setting up a timeline like say 30 days after sailing that you could still purchase the photos and have them shipped to you.

disney parks does the same. its called a photo pass. good idea!

Archived