Zip Lining ?'s

whoohooo

My wife, her mother, and sister, and myself will be on the Carnival Legend this September and both my wife and her sister have shown an intrest in zip lining. I have a couple of questions about this activity.

- Is Belize a good place to do this, is it worth the money mainly?

- Is it possible to have just that tour and combine it with cave tubing

or anything?

- What tour operators would you recommend?

I looked around the boards for a bit and didn't see any place where these were already answered, if they are, I apologise ahead of time. If not, then I look foward to any and all responses and thank you.

We just took this tour (booked through Carnival) last month. It was so fun!! I had a hard time finding info/reviews on this tour before we left, so I hope I can help you!

Here's a snippet from my review of our cruise. I talked a little bit about our ziplining excursion. It was really fun, we felt really safe, and we would do it again. The only bad part about it was the bus ride - but it was worth it! It is so far away from the port, that I was glad we booked through Carnival. If you have any problems (bus breaks down or something) the ship will not leave without you. This was our first cruise ever, and I just didn't feel comfortable going off on our own in Belize.

Belize - We took the zipline/canopy tour excursion through Carnival. The bus ride was long and very rough. I mean, you could seriously jack up your back on this bus ride! Our guide even made a joke about it saying "Now sit back, relax, and enjoy the complementary massage!" It was about an hour and a half on an old school bus. And a good portion of the bus ride is on a gravel road. I suggest sitting as close to the front as you can to cut down on the bumping. We were at the back of the bus and I literally bounced up off the seat a few times! Our guide Prem/Prez (can't quite remember!) was great. He talked nearly the entire way there about the country/people/culture/economy/history. It was great. He pointed out things all along the way. We got to the site, geared up, and headed up the hill through the jungle and stopped for a safety breifing. It was very thorough. The zipline itself was wonderful. I felt very safe and secure and it was so fun!! They offered complementary bottled water.

We were really sweaty!! It was hot in the jungle and it's a very active, activity! We had a blast! I was glad we wore longer pants, but lightweight pants. Short shorts would not be a good idea. We also used plenty of bug spray, but there weren't any bugs! I'm sure that was a fluke, though!

This is the area that you walk through a cave to get to - where you get all geared up!

126-2.jpg[/img]

125-3.jpg

The cave where you start and end.

122-2.jpg

121-3.jpg

We had a blast!! And maybe, just maybe, burned off a few of the calories from the warm chocolate melting cake on the ship!

zipline.jpg

zipline2.jpg

Archived