What is there to do by the ship? Other options?

mrsbean1990

I think we'll do a stingray tour...either the waverunners or through a private tour co. However, those only take about 3 hours, so what else can we do that day?

Is there a beach right by the ship? Or is there a public beach close enough to the ship where we could take a short taxi ride?

I don't know if I can say the names here, but we're either going to use I.M. or C.M. for the tour...does anyone know if there is a beach close by the places where those tour companies take you out to Stingray City?

THANKS!!!

If C.M. is Captain Marvin, yes they will drop you at the beach. You can ask to go to Sea Grape beach on Seven Mile Beach. Seven Mile is the name of the entire length of beach (not really Seven Miles though). There are taxis there that will bring you back to town and drop you at the pier for your tender. Taxis are about $4-$5 pp and about 10 mins. Beautiful beach with food, drink, chairs, umbrellas, water sports, restrooms, etc. You can do this no problem (of course depending when all aboard is).

I.M. is probably Island Marketing and I imagine they can drop you at the beach as well. It is all right on the main drag and you can see the ships off in the distance.

If C.M. is Captain Marvin, yes they will drop you at the beach. You can ask to go to Sea Grape beach on Seven Mile Beach. Seven Mile is the name of the entire length of beach (not really Seven Miles though). There are taxis there that will bring you back to town and drop you at the pier for your tender. Taxis are about $4-$5 pp and about 10 mins. Beautiful beach with food, drink, chairs, umbrellas, water sports, restrooms, etc. You can do this no problem (of course depending when all aboard is).

I.M. is probably Island Marketing and I imagine they can drop you at the beach as well. It is all right on the main drag and you can see the ships off in the distance.

Thank you!!! Sounds great!

You guess right on IM and CM. :D I didn't know whether or not I could mention the tour names in an original message. Thanks again.

I think we'll do a stingray tour...either the waverunners or through a private tour co. However, those only take about 3 hours, so what else can we do that day?

Is there a beach right by the ship? Or is there a public beach close enough to the ship where we could take a short taxi ride?

I don't know if I can say the names here, but we're either going to use I.M. or C.M. for the tour...does anyone know if there is a beach close by the places where those tour companies take you out to Stingray City?

THANKS!!!

Besides the beach and excursions, there is some incredible shopping to be done in Grand Cayman! Your cruise ship will probably have lots of information on their preferred shops and vendors. Great jewelry deals!

if you're contemplating wave runners, it's AWESOME! bumpy though... I would do that over a boat tour to Stingray City any day. We used ebanks watersports and they were great. I'm sure they could also drop you at a beach.

Thanks for the info. I'll look them up.

My wife and I did a stingray tour last week in GC, we used stingraysailing.com, it is a small owner operator deal that is very focused on GREAT customer service. Owner Capt Chip actually meets you at the port, drives the bus to HIS 25' sail boat and then it is on like Donkey Kong! Great stingray tour, excellent snorkle reef that is very nearby and then a relaxing sail back to the dock (while you enjoy some fresh fruit and a cold drink). Chip will drop you off at seven mile beach on the way back to town. I cant speak for IM or CM but SRS ROCKS. ENJOY

Archived