? for other South Florida Residents

Ta421sBtrHalf

Have you ever been asked by other cruise passengers why do you need to go on vacation? Someone on board actually asked us and we were like "what is that supposed to mean?". Some people have funny misconceptions that everyone that lives here is on constant vacation. Yes I know that we have nice weather most of the time and live close to the beach, but we do have to get away from here for vacation just like everyone else. Have anyone else experienced this from other people?

We expected to have some eyebrows raised because we are "snowbirds" down enjoying lovely south florida for six months so we are already "on vacation". If the question ever does come up, I am ready with my reply: yes, we are lucky to live in South Fla for six months of the year but it is still a real treat to go somewhere where you don't have to do laundry, housecleaning, cooking and take out the garbage.

Tomorrow our vacation begins!

Having made numerous cruises, especially Caribbean, we do get similar questions. You mean you came all this way and even didn't get off the ship??

Having been to most of the ports many times, seen all we care to, don't need any more yard sale inventory, the cruise ship is the destination for us. No phones to answer, someone to make your beds, clean your bathroom, cook and serve your meals, and entertain you.

Have found through the years, if someone has to ask, they most likely will not understand your answer. Usually try to keep my answer very short but civil, and they move on......thankfully......

Happy cruising......

Archived