New Orleans

Wormtown

Is there a store to buy wine close to the port in New Orleans. I thought it might be cheaper to pay the corkage fee and bring on my own wine aboard the Norwegian Spirit. I'm flying in from the Boston area and I don't want to check any wine on the flight.

Thanks, Linda

Is there a store to buy wine close to the port in New Orleans. I thought it might be cheaper to pay the corkage fee and bring on my own wine aboard the Norwegian Spirit. I'm flying in from the Boston area and I don't want to check any wine on the flight.

Thanks, Linda

Hi Linda,

Welcome to New Orleans,

If you are going straight from the airport to the pier there is a Winn Dixie at 2104 Williams Boulevard which is very close to the airport and easy to get back on the interstate into the city. Just tell the cab driver to make a pit stop. Prices will be a lot cheaper than in other places but if you're looking for a specific brand or vintage then you'll need to go somewhere else.

Being locals we're all set in New Orleans as wine and liquor is sold everywhere; this includes grocery stores, gas stations and even pharmacies (medicinal use) :).

Hope this helps,

Jorge

Archived