AC overhang question

Slyfox16

Hi,

I can't speak for other areas of the S-class Aqua Class staterooms, but there is no overhang in the area of where our stateroom was. It was #1507 and was a regular port side arrangement. I spent time out there enjoying the sun.

Here's a photo link of the veranda: http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2585186960099099348PezqVB

Position of the ship had far more to do with sun on the veranda than any overhead obstruction.

CM

Any AQ cabin listed below will get limited sun due to the overhang. Any AQ cabin not in those sections should get direct sunlight.

1. All ODD numbered cabins from 1551 thru 1597 have an overhang

2. All ODD numbered cabin from 1617 thru 1661 have an overhang

3. All EVEN numbered cabins from 1556 thru 1602 have an overhang

4. All EVEN numbered cabins from 1620 thru 1664 have an overhang

I base these facts off previous posts read on Cruise Critic forum, and the below photos

CEL_Solstice_penthouse_deck.gif

Ship+Photo+CELEBRITY+SOLSTICE.jpg

Any AQ cabin listed below will get limited sun due to the overhang. Any AQ cabin not in those sections should get direct sunlight.

1. All ODD numbered cabins from 1551 thru 1597 have an overhang

2. All ODD numbered cabin from 1617 thru 1661 have an overhang

3. All EVEN numbered cabins from 1556 thru 1602 have an overhang

4. All EVEN numbered cabins from 1620 thru 1664 have an overhang

I base these facts off previous posts read on Cruise Critic forum, and the below photos

CEL_Solstice_penthouse_deck.gif

Ship+Photo+CELEBRITY+SOLSTICE.jpg

It should also be pointed out that cabins going aft from 1621 and 1624 are much less affected by this as they are a full floor below the overhang. I have seen several photos with these cabins getting plenty of sun! The most affected are the midship AQ cabins.

Do all the AC cabins on the Solstice have an overhand and if so does that prevent the sunshine from reaching the balcony?

The AC cabins in the front section of the ship (1501-1550) have no overhang. (see previous post deck plan and picture)

To get a sense how some of the AQ cabins are affected by the overhang, here is a picture from AQ 1552 looking back to the four starboard angled AQ balconies...AQ 1604, 1606, 1608 and 1610 (well, you can't actually see 1604 as it is hidden in this shot).

8451760627_GJS3L-L.jpg0

elena7seas,

Great photo to post. That really does put the overhang into true perspective. Glad I moved my cabin from 1578 to 1521 for my upcoming cruise on Solstice. While the overhang may be other's cup of tea, it is definitely not mine or the DW's.

To get a sense how some of the AQ cabins are affected by the overhang, here is a picture from AQ 1552 looking back to the four starboard angled AQ balconies...AQ 1604, 1606, 1608 and 1610 (well, you can't actually see 1604 as it is hidden in this shot).

8451760627_GJS3L-L.jpg0

Elena, I'm curious----what looks like black electrical wires are hanging down from the girders. What is that?

Archived