Costa Atlantia Transatlantic May 5th

lakemartin

We just booked this cruise and have a X1 question. We cruised Costa, Western Med several years ago and the X1 package was very liberal ( 2 had the X1 package but 4 of us drank, bottles served at the table and left overs taken to the cabin, the ability to drink wine and beer on the pool deck by the buffet without food during lunch/dinner hours). So far I've been told by Costa that both people in the cabin must purchase the X1 package not just myself. Any info would be appricated.

We just booked this cruise and have a X1 question. We cruised Costa, Western Med several years ago and the X1 package was very liberal ( 2 had the X1 package but 4 of us drank, bottles served at the table and left overs taken to the cabin, the ability to drink wine and beer on the pool deck by the buffet without food during lunch/dinner hours). So far I've been told by Costa that both people in the cabin must purchase the X1 package not just myself. Any info would be appricated.

Hi LM

We were on Atlantica in November and had purchased the X1 package. There was , at that point, a lot of confusion from people on the boards, as well on on the ship as to what constituted X1, but from what I heard from staff, its getting better. Yes everyone in the cabin is required to purchase the package. During lunch/dinner hours we were never denied drinks in ANY of the bars, including pool deck, MDR, specialty, buffet and all bars on the main decks. This was great as it was super nice to get a drink before dinner. Also, there was some confusion as to what was included; some places would not give us ginger ale (and consider it was a really rough weather pattern, we needed it !). At dinner our bar person knew we liked white wine, preferably something closer to a Pinot Grigio, and no matter what they were serving as the house brand (which changed from venue to venue and night to night) we were always to get something we found to be very palatable all the way to WOW so delicious I need to buy this at home (chances were you could not- especially since our sailing was the first in the carribean and many wines were branded for the European market). We loved the pool area at lunch, we would grab a few drinks for happy hour (bogo) and then enjoy another one or two for X1 at lunch, and then we would be good until dinner time. And yes, we were always able to take any leftovers back to the room with us- we always ordered extra pop cans and took em up to the room and enjoyed later, we always ordered and extra of sparkling water for the room as well, and we always took our leftover wine to enjoy on our balcony. The MDR waiter even offered to give us a whole bottle to take to the room with us. So in terms of flexiblility, they are VERY flexible, however, within the stipulated rules and measures. We found a little tip here or there for the regular bar staff ensured they remebered who we were (we tried to frequent the same places so they would get to know us) and it worked out really well for us. The few hiccups we did have were more likley caused by the staff changeover that occured once arriving in FLL and our cruise being the first of the season.

Enjoy the TA, Atlantica is a gorgeous ship and so well maitained. It was a pleausre to sail her. Contrary to a lost of western feedback, we would cruise Italian Style any day ! Food was awesome!

Hey WOrld, This was our first cruise on Costa, we actually asked at our table of 4 if everyone needed a X1 package to share bottles of wine at dinner and were told no problem (by the way the my wife and I were the 2 with the X1 package) our companions were invited to drink with us . We were also offered leftover wine to take back to the cabin and given the cork for that purpose as were other dinners near us! Lifes Short, Live True, Live Well.

Concordia, Western Med., April 2008

Archived