Cell phones

Cell phones will work, calls will cost you $2.49/minute, text messages are quite a bit cheaper.

You might want to rent the new WOW phones on board. I hear they go fast but you could keep track of the grandkids.

Judy

We are wondering if cell phones will work on the Oasis... I'm bringing my six teenage grandkids and need a way to get a hold of them. Will cell phones work, or will we need walkie talkies?

I took my 6 teenagers (kids and nephews/nieces, etc) and used the Royal Connect. DEFINITELY the way to go.

There are more than a few threads on this board regarding the Royal Connect and WOW phone (same thing). Check it out, and you can also refer to my video:

I took my 6 teenagers (kids and nephews/nieces, etc) and used the Royal Connect. DEFINITELY the way to go.

There are more than a few threads on this board regarding the Royal Connect and WOW phone (same thing). Check it out, and you can also refer to my video:

This is great, I watched your video by the way. So is it just an app you get on the iphone, or can you rent an iphone fromt the ship for the week. because my grandkids have the iphone, and I don't.

This is great, I watched your video by the way. So is it just an app you get on the iphone, or can you rent an iphone fromt the ship for the week. because my grandkids have the iphone, and I don't.

Not an app. You rent a reconfigured iPhone for the week.

Just a point of clarification with the WOW phone... To use the people finder ability of the phone, do you have to have a separate wristband or will it work via the phone itself?

We are traveling with a group of adults and I am certain we all don't what to wear a wristband all week.

---------------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Booked & Paid Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

Planned Cruises

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

The Med – 14 day – 2013?

Just a point of clarification with the WOW phone... To use the people finder ability of the phone, do you have to have a separate wristband or will it work via the phone itself?

We are traveling with a group of adults and I am certain we all don't what to wear a wristband all week.

You do not need a wristband to be "located". You only need to have a Royal Connect phone, or, if you outfit a child with one, a wristband.

• 10 months later...

There was some discussion on the Allure forum that they don't have the wow phones right now. They were taken away to be "upgraded" and never returned.

I was planning on using them next week, now I will just, well., sit by the pool and wait for people to find me. :)

We were on the Oasis of the Seas last year and rented the wow phone to keep an eye on the kids, we are goin on the freedom with a group of 100, does the Freedom offer the wow phones too?

Not available on the Freedom, and from what I've heard, they've been temporarily discontinued on the Oasis. Perhaps they will be moving them over to Allure at some point? Makes sense if the tech staff went over there as well.

Archived