Difference Between Mini Suites?

crusingsquid

Hello- I have never sailed on a Princess ship. Can someone tell me the difference or compare the Mini Suite Cabins on a Princess Ship (Caribbean Princess) vs. an Royal Caribbean Ship ( Explorer of the Seas)?

Is the size and layout the same or are the very difference? What about the balcony size? In your opinion which Mini Suite is nicer, the Princess or RCCL?:rolleyes:

I can't answer the comparison part of your question; however all of your other questions can be answered on princess.com including ,I believe, virtual tours of the suites. It's very user friendly for that. Not sure about RC web site.

If you are referring to the Junior Suite on RCL, the layout is different. The RCL suite is more square in size, so you are not hugging the wall when walking past the bed. The Princess mini-suite is more rectangular, so it is longer, but narrower. It has two television sets, as it is like having two rooms. I like the layout of the Junior suite better, but it tends to be quite a bit more expensive than the mini-suites on Princess.

Take into account that most mini suites on the CB have fully exposed balconies; no covering at all. In other words, there is no privacy as cabins above can view your balcony, so behave yourself. There are a few fully covered minis on Emerald Deck aft.

My vote goes to the JS on Royal Caribbean. They are listed as 277 sq. ft. with the balcony at 69 sq. ft.

I had a JS on Mariner, which is a little larger at 299 sq. ft., and it was plenty spacious for two. It would also be comfortable for 3 or 4.

It even has a walk-in closet and comes with a hot pot and a one-cup coffee maker, too.

The mini on Princess is long and narrow. It is listed as 324 sq. ft, including the balcony. There is minimal walking space between the end of the bed and the wall. We squeezed four of us in a mini, and it was a little cramped.

Both the mini and the JS have bathtubs, and the mini has two TVs.

I think the balcony on Princess is smaller but a little deeper than on RC, but I have only had a JS on the hump, and that balcony was a fairly good size.

Since the rooms are laid out differently, it stands to reason that the balcony would be wider on the JS than the mini.

Hope this helps a little.

I use this site all the time to compare all the time. Plus if you join their membership you can see pictures that have been submitted by other travelers.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php

I have been in a Jr. Suite on Liberty of the Seas but it was an aft cabin so the cabin was really deep... but I have also been in a mini suite on CB on the Dolphin deck with the exposed balcony. I personally liked the CB Mini Suites better... it is just a preference!

Archived