Elevator Etiquette

Bisous3

Good point, Les. I will keep that in mind, though next time, I might try one of the other coll elevator tricks along with the cussing!

Linda

Infinitinis and Infinatics to Hawaii

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;12;05;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

L11,

Laguana Beach, indeed.

Excuse me, I didn't realize I was conversing with royalty. I used to know a guy who had a pice of property in Huntington Beach Harbor and he had troubles telling me why it was worth so many $$$ when it had formerly been on the bottom of the bay and a developer had decided to turn it into real estate.

When I was within a few years of retirement, I tried to outsmart my employer. I quit working but continued the pay. I figured they would offer me a package. Guess what, NO PACKAGE! Out of boredom, I retired. My retirement gift......$1000 toward a cruise. Haven't looked back.

L11, hope to hear you say the magic words one of these days

"Take this job and shove it."

That is much better than meowing in the elevator.

Les

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PatC:

This is great information for our next trip!!

We've always been friendly on the elevators. Seems like a good place to share a laugh.

Seriously, my real gripe is those people who get on the elevator with hot drinks in their hands, in cups that the staff specifically asks you not to take from the dining rooms, cafe, etc. We saw many doing this on our last cruise and the ship wasn't stable enough to insure no one would be burned on the elevator. Just something to think about.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best way to solve the problem is to mime holding something in your hands and be very careful not to drop it. Explain to everyone in the elevator that you don't want "it" to fall and explode. Those with hot drinks will back off even if the elevator is crowded!

Just had to add my two cents here.....

My brother and his girlfriend were in an elevator recently when he complained of a stiff neck. His girlfriend said (outloud), "I told you not to swallow the *****!" Imagine the looks...... icon_eek.gif

Celebrity Century 5/8/04 -Western Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;8;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Ecstasy 2/04 - Baja

Tahitian Princess 2/03- French Polynesia

Sea Princess 7/02 - Alaska

Carnival Ecstasy 5/02 - Baja

Royal Caribbean Monarch 10/00 - Southern Caribbean

Carnival Elation 10/99 - Mexican Riviera

Royal Caribbean Monarch 1/97 - Southern Caribbean

Nealberk

Great idea. I'll try that next year on the 3/11 Summit trip! We have friends going with us and maybe we'll ALL do it and see what reaction we get.

Dolphin - 1990

Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995

Century - 1997, 2000, 2001

Galaxy - 1998

Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002

Millennium - 2003

Summit 2004

Summit 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Countdown to Summit 2005

You guys had me ROTFLMAO at work today!

Don your story was good but I think Linda wins!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

Just thought I would add my two cents as well. One of the original comments was "what happened to ladies first?" This is a common error when it comes to elevator etiquette and one that I love to point out.

Men are actually suppossed to enter elevators first. Historically, this is for two reasons. First, during the time when elevator's were not very secure, men stepped on the elevator first to insure that it would hold the weight of passengers and not plummet. Second and more appropriate for today's time, men enter to trip the motion sensor so that the door do not close on the ladies.

I highlight this all the time in an effort to encourage the behavior and so that maybe someday I won't get dirty looks from women when I step on the elevator first.

Tomv77 - if you try to do the right thing by getting on the elevator first and some women give you dirty looks, let them go ahead of you. If the elevator then plummets downward 30 stories or any of their body parts get caught in the doors they have no one to blame but themselves...... icon_wink.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

Tom,

That's just a story that men made up so they could be the first ones on the elevator.

Judy

Constellation, Southern Caribbean - countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2005;2;20;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Infinity, Alaska - countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;7;25;17;00;00&timezone=PMT-0500

Constellation, Southern Caribbean - 2/21/04 - Another incredibly wonderful cruise

2/22/03 - Constellation (Just a wonderful, wonderful cruise)

2/22/99 - Mercury

Monarch of the Sea

Judy,

What exactly is the benefit of being on the elevator first? Is it the fact that you get pushed against the back wall? I am pretty sure that it is not a story that was made up by men. Its in all of those etiquette books. I love that stuff because it brings you back to a time when people were actually polite and has some pretty good history attached to it. I feel like instead of giving books like "Oh, the places you'll go" to high school graduates you should give them a book of etiquette. Probably would solve a lot of problems if even one out of a hundred people took something from it.

You would have to have used an elevator to have any kind of knowledge. A small percentage of people on cruises are from the sticks. So ya really can blame them too much! L.O.L. Relax, on recently Disney cruise, we had a older couple jump in front of wifey, myself and our baby in stroller. We just laughed...when they found Stitch (disney character) as the doors opened. They almost had dual heart attacks. Stitch and his handler got off to to stay with us until the next elevator was avaliable.

Andy

My best experience on an elevator was our last cruise on the Infinity. I was on the level of the specialty restaurant and one of the guys was taking a table that was all ready set up for display along with a chair. I offered to share the elevator with him to the top floor where we both were headed. He moved the table and chair on and offered me a seat. He took a white towel and draped it over his arm like he was waiting on me. For some reason the elevator stopped at every floor and there were people waiting to get on and of course, there wasn't any room for them too get on. The looks on their faces were priceless when the doors opened. We laughed so hard! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Millennium - 6/2/04 - Mediteranean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;5;30;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Infinity - 12/5/04 - Hawaii - Infinitinis

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

This thread made my night! I am ROTFLMAO with tears running down my face.

I'm taking the stairs from now on! Or I'll be way to tempted to try some of these..., while in the company of my DH and 16 year old DS...without telling them first. icon_wink.gif

Stefanie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;08;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Cruise on the pride

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadow:

My best experience on an elevator was our last cruise on the Infinity. I was on the level of the specialty restaurant and one of the guys was taking a table that was all ready set up for display along with a chair. I offered to share the elevator with him to the top floor where we both were headed. He moved the table and chair on and offered me a seat. He took a white towel and draped it over his arm like he was waiting on me. For some reason the elevator stopped at every floor and there were people waiting to get on and of course, there wasn't any room for them too get on. The looks on their faces were priceless when the doors opened. We laughed so hard! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a classic ... sounds like an episode of the old fav "Candid Camera"! icon_biggrin.gif

Archived