LAX to Long Beach to San Pedro transportation

joejo

Hello,

We are flying in to LAX on the Saturday and staying in Long Beach (we originally planned to book with Carnival but at the last minute booked RCI). On Sunday we then need to get to San Pedro. We need to do the reverse after the cruise with a 1 night stay in Long Beach.

There are 3 of us and I will be the only adult. How does this plan sound:

Use a shuttle van from LAX to Long Beach and then taxi from Long Beach to San Pedro. I figure the shutttle van should cost $48-ish ($16x3) and a taxi is around $20?

I'm trying to keep costs down :) mostly becuse I am eternally frugal, lol.

Does anyone have any feedback or ideas for our travel?

I did this last July. Take a super shuttle from LAX to Long Beach, and then the cab from Long Beach to the cruise pier. Good plan.

Before the cab though, I would check with your hotel, as most have a van that runs every hour to the cruise terminal.

On the way back, there are super shuttles waiting at the pier to take you back to LAX.

You can make a reservation in advance on their website if you want to be sure you have a ride. Also, there is a discount for making an advance reservation.

Have a good cruise!

Also, if your hotel arrangments aren't finalized, I recommend the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro. Nice, clean, and very close to the pier.

The shuttle at the hotel will take you anywhere you want to go within the city of San Pedro.

Have you booked the hotel yet? Maybe a SP or LB hotel that will shuttle you over for free to the port of LA?
Hotel is booked. Yay for cheap priceline but ooops for booking before the cruise! Lesson learned. We had no idea that Carnivals price was going to skyrocket the day we booked ~ really a silly mistake on our part!

I did this last July. Take a super shuttle from LAX to Long Beach' date=' and then the cab from Long Beach to the cruise pier. Good plan.

Before the cab though, I would check with your hotel, as most have a van that runs every hour to the cruise terminal.

On the way back, there are super shuttles waiting at the pier to take you back to LAX.

You can make a reservation in advance on their website if you want to be sure you have a ride. Also, there is a discount for making an advance reservation.

Have a good cruise![/quote']A shuttle from the hotel would be nice! I'm glad that a cab should be fairly affordable though :)

Also, if your hotel arrangments aren't finalized, I recommend the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro. Nice, clean, and very close to the pier.

The shuttle at the hotel will take you anywhere you want to go within the city of San Pedro.

That sounds great :) but we will be staying at the Westin Long Beach. Honestly, we got both rooms around the $50 per night mark so I really can't complain! I just know a lot better for next time!

Thanks all :)

I found the residence inn in long beach fairly cheap, they are suites, and you get nice breakfast. We decided to stay in Marina Del Rey after all, we were going to stay in long beach. We wanted to go do the Hollywood tour, and LB is so far away from Hollywood and Santa Monica and Venice.

Ok, just to re-cap: hotel is already booked and can not be changed. I am wondering specifically about transportation between LAX to Long Beach to San Pedro and then the reverse at the end of the cruise :o:)

Besides a shuttle bus and then taxi, are there any other transportation options?

www.supershuttle.com offers a business executive car that is probably the same or less than the shared shuttle from LAX to Long Beach.

Below is the quote from LAX to the Westin Long Beach.

FROM the Airport (Arrival flight)

(Sorry I can't get the columns to line up) But the last $ is total cost (w/o tip) and then Max # of Passengers. Quote is based on four people.

Service Type First Guest Additional Guest Fuel Surcharge Discount Total Up to Pax#

Shared Ride Van $17.00 $17.00 $0.00 $0.00 $68.00 7

Exclusive Van $85.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $85.00 9

ExecuCar Sedan Meet and Greet $100.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $100.00 4

Business Express Svc by ExecuCarExpress $49.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $49.00 5

The prices from the Pier to the hotel are similar, so a cab (call ahead for a van) would be better.

I don't know if you could get a deal by booking all four legs at the same time. Call them at 1800bluevan.

Archived