All things Oosterdam.............

HALleluiah

We booked Pinnacle for dinner of our Glacier Bay day. That day is similar to a sea day since you do not get off of the ship. That gives me plenty of time to get dressed up even after viewing the glaciers.

I prefer to be in the dining room on sea day because that will probably be our formal night. We enjoy MDR on formal night. We did not want to do Pinnacle after a port because we knew that it would be hard to get back on the ship after excursions and have time/feel like getting really dressed up for Pinnacle. Therefore the glacier day seemed to be the perfect choice for us.

Hope this helps some.

We have the same dilemma, not knowing when to book the pinnacle. This would help for us first time cruisers also. Our itinerary is the same expect we leave June 20th. Any replies would be great!

Thanks,

Fullhouse88811

We always do the Pinnacle on the first night out.............especially in Alaska. Once you get into the scenery, you may want to run out in the middle of dinner to see/hear calving (as we have done) and I don't think I'd do that if I was in the "P.":p

It's nice and relaxing after the hassle of getting to the ship, being with the crowds in the Lido on that first lunch, etc.

Our Glacier Bay times are scheduled 10 AM to 7 PM. We booked Pinnacle at 8 PM. That way there will be enough time to get to Pinnacle after the glaciers. Since we have a verandah stateroom (SA suite) we can see the glaciers from our room when we are getting ready.

I do not think I would care to go to Pinnacle on the first night just because of getting dressed up that first night. I am always pretty tired from travel, boarding, life boat drill, etc. Plus there is always a chance you will not get your luggage in time to get changed/dressed for dinner, too.

I understand everyone has differing opinions, though.

Our Glacier Bay times are scheduled 10 AM to 7 PM. We booked Pinnacle at 8 PM. That way there will be enough time to get to Pinnacle after the glaciers. Since we have a verandah stateroom (SA suite) we can see the glaciers from our room when we are getting ready.

I do not think I would care to go to Pinnacle on the first night just because of getting dressed up that first night. I am always pretty tired from travel, boarding, life boat drill, etc. Plus there is always a chance you will not get your luggage in time to get changed/dressed for dinner, too.

I understand everyone has differing opinions, though.

You will have plenty of time! I did this cruise last year and I think we were out of glacier bay by 4pm. Plan on spending all that time out on your balcony if you are facing the glacier. Our captain put our boat right up by the glacier with our balcony facing it for a good 30 minutes.... it's something I will never forget, nor can you describe it to anyone and do it justice. Have a great time!!!

You will have plenty of time! I did this cruise last year and I think we were out of glacier bay by 4pm. Plan on spending all that time out on your balcony if you are facing the glacier. Our captain put our boat right up by the glacier with our balcony facing it for a good 30 minutes.... it's something I will never forget, nor can you describe it to anyone and do it justice. Have a great time!!!

Thank you. I cannot wait!

• 3 weeks later...

This tread was started in the Oosterdam Roll Call forum. It was moved to the HAL Boards where it can be contributed to by Oosterdam veterans who might not have been aware of its existence.

Archived