How Warm is the Water in November??

*love2travel*

We are thinking of taking the Legend Thanksgiving week 2011 and would be cruising the Western Caribbean. Will the water be warm enough to swim. Keep in mind we are from Florida and used to the Gulf of Mexico which is like bath water in the summer. Thanks!!!

Lori

I'm a scuba diver who took dive trips to Cozumel for many years in the second week of December.

The water is definitely coolish that time of year, and most of my fellow divers wore some kind of wetsuit (at least a shorty), but I alway dove "naked" in just my swim trunks and never had a problem. I'm naturally well insulated, so that helped.

The water in November should be even a little warmer.

I'm a scuba diver who took dive trips to Cozumel for many years in the second week of December.

The water is definitely coolish that time of year, and most of my fellow divers wore some kind of wetsuit (at least a shorty), but I alway dove "naked" in just my swim trunks and never had a problem. I'm naturally well insulated, so that helped.

The water in November should be even a little warmer.

Thank you, that helps.

Floridian here too. Did a Western on the Glory a year ago in early November. The only time we hit water was in Belize, for cave tubing. This was about 3 or 4 weeks after the fatal cave tubing incident due to the river having gone through a seasonal flood.

It wasn't particularly warm (at least for a Floridian) when we were there, and I asked on the way to the river if it was swimmable. Everyone I asked would smile and say it was "refreshing". It was quite refreshing. I think someone finally said it was around 73-74 degrees. I know I don't swim in my pool when it's at that temp, but honestly after a quick dunk in the river when we started we were fine.

But keep in mind, that's the river, so I presume it's a little colder than the ocean water might be.

Archived