AE Suite on the Gem

DCParky

I have booked an AE Suite on the Gem in July for the Venice/RT to Greece and Turkey. Was wondering what people who have stayed in these aft facing cabins have thought about suites and any input on the amenities offered. This is my first time on NCL after having cruised mostly on HAL.

Been in an AE for a 9 day cruise and enjoyed it. Balcony on deck 8 is not large enough for loungers, but great 180 view.

Question: I booked an AE aft for December on Gem...9th Deck corner...

Now I am wondering....is the view of the pool area...AND..can those there..see up to our balcony?..

Now reconsidering this cabin.:o..would much prefer..just ocean view and privacy..

Last time I looked all you see off your balcony is the ocean, the pool is in the middle of the ship. There is the Great outdoors on deck 12 , not sure if they can look down on your balcony. We also have an AE corner for 21 days this winter in Europe.

The AE is great, you only look down on the water so no problem there. You will love the perk of breakfast and lunch at Cagney's, much better than the buffet or MDR, it's the best of the suite perks. We also liked the opportunity to have full meals delivered to our suite by our very friendly and accomodating butler --- great before or after a long port day. The AE is a nice size, too, with a table for dining and a small sofa and, most importantly, room to move around! You'll love it......

Question: I booked an AE aft for December on Gem...9th Deck corner...

Now I am wondering....is the view of the pool area...AND..can those there..see up to our balcony?..

Now reconsidering this cabin.:o..would much prefer..just ocean view and privacy..

All you will have is ocean view and privacy...don't know why you're thinking view of the pool...:confused: People on the decks above you can look down onto your balcony with some effort...(If I was near my railing, I could see people on the deck 10 balconies if they were near their railings.)

We stayed in 9670 in January and loved the suite and the location. The balcony was large enough for a lounger, two chairs and a small table. I could (and did!) spend hours out there just watching the wake of the ship and reading...ah, that's the life!!!!

The AE is great, you only look down on the water so no problem there. You will love the perk of breakfast and lunch at Cagney's, much better than the buffet or MDR, it's the best of the suite perks. We also liked the opportunity to have full meals delivered to our suite by our very friendly and accomodating butler --- great before or after a long port day. The AE is a nice size, too, with a table for dining and a small sofa and, most importantly, room to move around! You'll love it......

I like the idea of having Cagneys available... I also like the aft facing view and we also have the corner suite 9170, which is nice.... Glad to hear the suite is a decent size...that's important to me. Thanks for the info

I like the idea of having Cagneys available... I also like the aft facing view and we also have the corner suite 9170, which is nice.... Glad to hear the suite is a decent size...that's important to me. Thanks for the info

Thanks for confirming that the 9170 has a lounger. I just upgraded us from the AD aft on 10. Hoping to get a good butler and concierge.

When are you guys sailing...I really want to know more about 9170 ! We will be that suite in December...:)

We have an aft facing suite with the wrap around on the STAR - so looking forward to it never done NCL - mostly Princess any comparisons pro/con? I know about freestyle dining and hope having a suite will get us a table for 2 when we want one!

When are you guys sailing...I really want to know more about 9170 ! We will be that suite in December...:)

We're sailing on the Gem in July out of Venice. I'm really looking forward to being in 9170 and seeing how NCL handles the suites with the butlers and concierge. We had an aft suite on the Eurodam last year and it was awesome! I'll keep you posted.

We're sailing on the Gem in July out of Venice. I'm really looking forward to being in 9170 and seeing how NCL handles the suites with the butlers and concierge. We had an aft suite on the Eurodam last year and it was awesome! I'll keep you posted.

PLEASE do....I am really interested in anything you have to say..;)

PLEASE do....I am really interested in anything you have to say..;)

I'm still interested in hearing from others that have been in the AE on the Gem (especially 9170) and what amenities you really liked....

Archived