Flight Fare to SJU

dalitos

Hello, we need to catch a plane from NYC to San Juan (SJU) on April 16th. Wondering what a 'normal' price is for a OW ticket? Did you get any good deals online?

I am seeing fares at about USD 300 which seems not extremely high but certainly not low.. wondering if there's a chance fares will get lower?

We paid $260 RT direct from Hartford but I did book it in Oct. This is for a trip in May.

Even 300 seems reasonable these days. I'm paying 260 from Hartford to Orlando.

Hello, we need to catch a plane from NYC to San Juan (SJU) on April 16th. Wondering what a 'normal' price is for a OW ticket? Did you get any good deals online?

I am seeing fares at about USD 300 which seems not extremely high but certainly not low.. wondering if there's a chance fares will get lower?

Did you mean RT instead of OW? If you can find a flight from the NY/PA area at or below $300 pp RT, you've found a great price. I would take it right away.

300 one way seems very high. I just booked our flights a few weeks ago - Newark to San Juan at about 300 pp. for our May cruise. I would keep checking for a sale because I cant imagine the OW fare going much higher than what you are currently seeing. Good luck!

actually both. RT from hartford to SJU & RT from Hartford to orlando

I've been to SJU before and the flights were always over 300.

Thank you for your

reply. :) Is the 260 from Hartford to Orlando OW or RT?

I'm not sure what airlines you've been checking but $300 one way does seem absurdly high. Just scanning Jetblue, which departs from JFK, there seem to be plenty of flights under $300 with the lowest being $159. The lowest fare, however, doesn't depart until afternoon and doesn't land until 10:30 at night. Assuming you are planning to fly in the day of your cruise and not a day early the lowest fare seems to be about $179 or $209.10 with taxes and fees.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I'm checking all airlines that fly direct: JetBlue, Continental, American and Delta. And we are looking only at flights before noon on Friday April 16th.

I know the night flights are cheaper but they are not good for us, as we are a) travelling with an infant, b) want to get to SJU a day early to rest and enjoy a day there before boarding.

So JetBlue, Continental and AA flights are 337, Delta is the cheapeast at 277, and actually UA just went up to over 400!! :mad:

I would love to wait for prices to go down, but am affraid it won't happen.

I booked from Dayton, OH to SJU round trip for $316 PP (inc. taxes) on Airtran. I looked briefly at their website and they have one way from LaGuardia for $125 as a "Web Special." I've been really satisfied with AirTran personally, so it might be worth a shot!

$321.00 rt from Boston to San Juan for September.

We booked the Red-eye JFK to SJU, $150 each/ one way, on April 16th (leaving at 11:30 pm from JFK on the 16th).

Not out first choice, but as our crusie leaves at 8:30 pm on the 17th, it does allow us to work all day on Friday (1 less vacation day used) and still arrive in plenty of time for the cruise (fingers crossed) AND we saved a lot of $$ with a red-eye ($300 for two vs $650 for two one way tix)

Mizz K , I see you are on the Victory, the same time I will be on the Serenade...! From Upstate NY ( Rochester) to San Juan for September....$126 pp to San Juan, $219 from San Juan to NY. Jet Blue had a special fare for Friday the 24th.We fly in late, but have all day Saturday and Sunday before the ship leaves to relax a little. Didn't want to have to get up at 2am Saturday to travel all day. This way, we can sleep in...:D

MotoSauce, thanks for the tip, I am going to check Airtran out, I think it's a connection flight, right? For 125 defenitely worth it, as long as the connection is not too long.

Thanks a lot.

I checked to see what our Continental flights from IAH to SJU are going for now, since you're looking in the same time frame we're going. They range from $550-$640 RT depending on the return flight. :eek: We paid $298 in November.

Based on that, $300 OW doesn't seem too out of line for a prime flight this late in the game.

Mizz K , I see you are on the Victory, the same time I will be on the Serenade...! From Upstate NY ( Rochester) to San Juan for September....$126 pp to San Juan, $219 from San Juan to NY. Jet Blue had a special fare for Friday the 24th.We fly in late, but have all day Saturday and Sunday before the ship leaves to relax a little. Didn't want to have to get up at 2am Saturday to travel all day. This way, we can sleep in...:D

Unfortunately I have to fly in the day of the cruise and fly back home the day the cruise gets back,so I had to book for the 26th and the times worked for me, I land at 12:30pm, usually I do fly in the day before.

Archived