dress code braemar

jerseygirl06

Off on caribbean cruise on fred olsen braemar on 1st April. Can't wait! Husband is a bit concerned about dress code. He has tux for formal evenings and we are aware of themed nights. On the other evenings would smart trousers and short sleeved shirt be suitable or is a jacket always required? Would appreciate any advice. Also if any one has any advice about the ports of call and which trips to take that would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you

On "casual" nights open neck shirts and long trousers. On "informal" nights FOCL suggest shirt with tie or jacket and no tie. In the Caribbean I think you will find that there are quite a lot of "casual" nights. I am sure you will have a great cruise.

there will be three fomal nights,one caribean night and one british night,the rest of the time will be casual ie shirt and trousers, jacket is up to you.we were on the braemar last month for the panama canal cruise and will be back for the same cruise as you ,enjoy

Thanks very much. Husband and friend's husband were hoping to get away on these nights with trousers and maybe smart short sleeved shirt. did not want to go to the trouble of packing another jacket or having to co-ordinate ties or indeed having to wear the same jacket for quite a few evenings. Haven't got a problem with the formal nights as have got tuxedos but did read some comments on this site that says you won't be let in if you are not wearing a jacket on other evenings.

Thsnks eveyone. Any other tips for braemar or cruise would be appreciated.

Off on caribbean cruise on fred olsen braemar on 1st April. Can't wait! Husband is a bit concerned about dress code. He has tux for formal evenings and we are aware of themed nights. On the other evenings would smart trousers and short sleeved shirt be suitable or is a jacket always required? Would appreciate any advice. Also if any one has any advice about the ports of call and which trips to take that would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi, We are also going on the 1st of April. The replies to your message has helped me. I have just been trying to decide what to pack. I think as long as the men wear a smart shirt and trousers on the informal nights that should be okay? Am slightly tempted to pack an extra jacket tho? I am packing 3 evening dresses (only one is long though) and at the moment only one fits!! I am also packing 3 other dressy dresses if you know what I mean! Then some smart tops and skirts. I also have children, I assume the dress code will be the same for them, I may try and find out. Getting really excited now, first cruise!

Hi this is a post I made earlier. This should clear things up for you.

Hi I just received this detailed clear response from FO regarding gents evening wear for the Carribean.

Gents can where casual trousers (chino type) and a collared shirt / polo for the Elegant Casual evenings.

A tie is not required for the Elegant Casual evenings.

A jacket would not be required for the Elegant Casual evenings.

Very smart dark denims would be fine for the Elegant Casual evenings.

The welcome and farewell cocktail parties will take place on formal nights. For the formal nights we recommend that gentlemen wear a dinner jacket or tuxedo. The minimum requirement would be a dark suit.

Some of your replies made me laugh especially the one about dresses fitting. My wardrobe and bedroom doors are covered in clothes at the moment and I have ear marked certain dresses to be worn on the first few days as I know after a few days 'cruise style eating' they will be too tight.

Am also really looking forward to it - have many on about 7 cruises before but this is first time with Fred Olsen so looking forward to see how it compares.

See some of you on the 1st!!

Archived