HAL's Thermal Suite

VaCruzers

Hi,

I am not much of a spa person so I don't want to embarrass myself or others. What does one wear in the thermal suite on Zuiderdam? I would like to enjoy the aromatherapy showers & heated tile beds. I might be using this following they hydrotherapy pool. Is a swimsuit appropriate? A robe? Do you place a towel on the tiled bed?

Thanks so much to anyone who can help!

Really loved the thermal suite and pool weeklong pass on the OOsterdam Jan 2 thru Jan 8. First i would go to the hydrotherapy pool, straight from the outdoor verandah pool ( or lido pool) wearing bathing suit and cover-up and flip-flops and carrying HAL bag! There are chairs and lounges in this area, and towels just to the right of the entrance. I would take 2 towels here--one for me and one for chair. There is a shower by the steps into the pool. floor is very slippery. buttons to start the whirlpool action are at the base of the post next to the stairs. All wear bathing suits. after 15 minutes or so, I would dry off a bit, put a towel around me and head to the thermal suite. Again, bathing suits and flip-flops are appropriate. More white towels are there for your use. I would put my HAL bag on the window sill, cover the chair with a towel, put a towel under my head, and cover myself with a towel. Sauna and steam rooms are also in this suite. Towels are discarded in hampers in each area. Both areas are open to men and women. We had 8:30 dinner seating, so i could go late in the afternoon. I bought the weeklong pass on embarkation; they say the number issued is very limited,

BigTen,

Thanks for the info - it was just what I was looking for. It seems like I will really enjoy relaxing there. On our last cruise, I started having muscle spasms in my back (which is a recurrent thing with me), but had no meds other than Alieve. I used the hydrotherapy pool, but having some warmth would have really helped a lot.

Do you recall the cost for the weeklong pass?

Thanks!

Archived