San Juan Airport -waiting for flight

littlebit125

When waiting at the San Juan Airport is there anywhere you can sit outside or go outside so you don't have to be inside the time you are waiting for your flight especially if you get there in the morning and don't fly out to late afternoon or once you are checked in that is it?????:(

In 2008 I disembarked in the morning, went to the airport, checked in on US Airways, and took a taxi back to Old San Juan. Then I went back to the airport in the afternoon to board my flight. Some people have reported that the airline did not accept people checking in that early, but in my case it was not an issue.

You might have two other options.

There is a restaurant in Old San Juan that allows you to store your baggage there. You are not required to eat there, but the food is good anyway. You can disembark, leave your bags there, then come back later and go to the airport.

The other option is the onboard check-in service that is offered by some of the cruise lines and some of the airlines. Your bags are checked in for you and you get a boarding pass. Then you are free to tour the city and go to the airport at your leisure. This service might not be available for international destinations.

Hi,

We were in same boat last year. Out flight didnt leave until 3pm. We didnt want to see old san juan again so we checked in, then went across street to mexican restaraunt. It is literally across street from doors you enter to go into airport maybe 4 lanes with crosswalks (the place every drops off people so they dont have to park.) We actually had a great time we had a coupe of beers and ate lunch (which was very good). Have a great cruise.

April

• 3 weeks later...

Is an 11 AM flight out of San Juan enough time to disembark and get to the airport and check in when there is a 6 AM arrival in port on the itinerary? I am planning on going on the Celebrity Millennium in November. This is my first time to the Caribbean so I have no idea how long it would take to get from the port to the airport in real traffic time. Thanks!

Archived