What do you guys think about this?

amocksun

Please try and overcome your fears and have a great trip. A few years ago my DH could not make a family trip (there were 13 of us-Disney Wonder and my niece was dancing) because of work. I backed out because I was afraid to fly without him :rolleyes: duh...I know...lol...

After several months of going back and forth in my mind I knew I was

going to regret not going. So I booked myself and my twin boys and didn't tell anyone except for DH. The gang left a few days ahead of us and then we flew down (I took a pill ;)) and surprised them on the ship...!

My Mom was crying and my Dad had to sit down..lol...We had a ball.

When I look back on it now...I can tell you that it would have been

the BIGGEST REGRET of my life to miss that. It also let me know that I could overcome my fears and you can too :D! Enjoy, life is to short!!!

PS. Ditch the friend, my best friend was the best support system I could have ever asked for, she still is!!

I hope you are doing the excursion thru the cruiseline. Since you have to travel from the Island of Cozumel to the mainland of Mexico by ferrry then travel by bus to Tulum it takes a fair bit of time.

I was in Tulum many years ago so no restaurants in the area at that time.

We were in Cozumel over this past weekend; enjoyed ourselves at the beach; my DH had a massage on the beach and I relaxed and read on my lounge chair. Enjoyed a cold drink and some nachos before heading back to the Port area for some shopping.

Photos in the link below.

Have a wonderful cruise.

As long as you stay in Cozumel it will be ok. I cannot say the same about tulum on the mainland. Cozumel is the safest place in the world.

Hi Timetraveler -- We've been to Tulum, Playa del Carmen and Puerto Morales on the mainland and never experienced problems.

Can you clarify your comment about Tulum?

We agree that Coz has been safe for us on 2 land vacations and 3 cruise vacations. But we felt just as safe in the other locations.

Archived