Countdown to price increase - wow

gargoyle999

Guess every business is going to try to up its profits.

My bet is they up prices for 2 months, go "oh crap", have super savings, and lower to what they where at early 2010 by early 2011 and then go through the whole process over again. :rolleyes:

I dont know how to do a poll on here but I wish i knew how many people have booked due to the prices going up.

I told dh I would love to book but there are changes at work so we need to wait. Maybe...

1. Many people are booking to avoid prices going up

2.After summer those same people might cancel due to changes in finances

3. Maybe by the time we book after summer there will be lots of deals if people canceled

Either way we are saving our money in an account so if the right deal pops up we are prepared with $$$. If prices do indeed stay higher after summer then maybe we will do a 4 night cruise vs, 7 night all depends on the deal lol!

As a consumer I certainly want prices to be as low as possible. However, if I take a step back, I can understand Carnival was to charge as much as possible. Ok fine, that's how it works. But when they announced two months in advance there would be a price increase I rolled my eyes...

now, a countdown clock to a price increase on the homepage? A bit much.

It's really all just a gimmick anyway. Prices go up all the time without any special announcements.

First week of Feb I booked a cruise on the Splendor for next Feb. About 3 weeks later the price went up 11%! Much higher % than the 5% they are warning about for June, July, Aug. cruises.

Maybe in a few weeks we'll get another warning about the Fall price increase! :rolleyes:

As a consumer I certainly want prices to be as low as possible. However, if I take a step back, I can understand Carnival was to charge as much as possible. Ok fine, that's how it works. But when they announced two months in advance there would be a price increase I rolled my eyes...

now, a countdown clock to a price increase on the homepage? A bit much.

It's really all just a gimmick anyway. Prices go up all the time without any special announcements.

First week of Feb I booked a cruise on the Splendor for next Feb. About 3 weeks later the price went up 11%! Much higher % than the 5% they are warning about for June, July, Aug. cruises.

Maybe in a few weeks we'll get another warning about the Fall price increase! :rolleyes:

Not just said, But WELL Said .

This is a very strange thing Carnival is doing. If bookings are up so big then why change things. What gives?

What's strange about it? If your business was selling doohickys for $5 each, but every one you made sold instantly, wouldn't you start wondering if every one you made would still sell instantly if you charged $7 each?

Plus, with the price of oil up and Carnival not instituting the fuel surcharge, their price of making those doohickys has gone up so they have to charge more just to stay even.

The press release said the price increase would be "up to 5%". To me that means from nothing to 5%. We will all just have to wait and see what the outcome of this sillyness is. I am hoping for a good pack and go special to book a fill in before my September cruise.:D

I'm calling Carnival's bluff. I think they will actually probably lower their prices. IMHO, they are just marketing this so sales can go up before a certain date, then on that date, lower prices; at least one can only hope so. Just MHO!!!!!

I was on the NCL site today & they are following suit... :rolleyes: Evidently their prices will go up on April 2nd.

I understand about charging more when 'doohickys' are selling well... that part is simple. But you are free to just increase your prices on the fly, you don't have to announce it ahead of time & put up a ticker unless it is what this is... a marketing ploy.

I'm calling Carnival's bluff. I think they will actually probably lower their prices. IMHO, they are just marketing this so sales can go up before a certain date, then on that date, lower prices; at least one can only hope so. Just MHO!!!!!

Ageed, if the prices do go higher its cause this lil scheme worked and supply/demand kicks in. ;):D:rolleyes:

Prices always go up this time of year for summer cruises. In fact, the price on my September cruise has gone up twice since Carnival announced they would increase prices March 22. Since I had already booked the cruise, it didn't bother me.

It's just another marketing ploy. It wouldn't surprise me if Carnival announced that "due to popular demand" they were holding off on their price increases for another week or two.

The more money they get from other people as a result of their marketing ploys, the better their bottom line (and my cruise experience) will be.

the upcoming price increase is my reason to book our next cruise..NCL is doing the same thing so ill be booking something with them very soon as well..

atleast, if the price should go down we ll get some OBC s or credit towards final payment..:)

Archived