Cozumel Sea Lion Encounter Questions????

PMGNJ04

Has anyone done this at Chankanaab National Park?

I am very interested in taking my wife and 2 children ages 11 and 9 there in August. The problem is that I can not seem to get a straight answer from the operator if you actually Swim with them.

They seem to refer to it as an "encounter" where as they refer to the dolphins as a swim.

If anyone can provide any info on this I would appreciate it. I do not want to go and be disappointed.

Thanks,

Has anyone done this at Chankanaab National Park?

I am very interested in taking my wife and 2 children ages 11 and 9 there in August. The problem is that I can not seem to get a straight answer from the operator if you actually Swim with them.

They seem to refer to it as an "encounter" where as they refer to the dolphins as a swim.

If anyone can provide any info on this I would appreciate it. I do not want to go and be disappointed.

Thanks,

Watch my video below (the bottom one). My 8 year old daughter just did this with my husband and her cousin last month at Chankanaab. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.:)

It looks like a lot of fun. Were they the only 3 there? Was that the professional video that they sell you? How much does it cost>

Was the water cold?

That was the first encounter of the day and they were the only 3.

The video is $30 and I have edited it myself after getting home

The water was not cold

I had to pay $5 to be a spectator but that was ok with me cause I got to take great pictures so I didn't have to buy them from them. I did buy the video.

They started off by saying the pictures were $20 each and then offered me a package of like 5 for $80 and when I declined that and was waiting for my video, he said ok how about $10 each. I had already taken a lot of pictures with my camera which I knew looked just as good so I said no.

yes, I think you there is enough time to do the Dolphins and the Sea Lion especially if you sign up for the early time slots with the Dolphins. More people seem to do the dolphins so it takes longer because they have to take everyone's picture interacting with the dolphin. The sea lion doesn't take quite as long just because there is less people.

They started off by saying the pictures were $20 each and then offered me a package of like 5 for $80 and when I declined that and was waiting for my video, he said ok how about $10 each. I had already taken a lot of pictures with my camera which I knew looked just as good so I said no.

yes, I think you there is enough time to do the Dolphins and the Sea Lion especially if you sign up for the early time slots with the Dolphins. More people seem to do the dolphins so it takes longer because they have to take everyone's picture interacting with the dolphin. The sea lion doesn't take quite as long just because there is less people.

Thanks a bunch!

Archived