Belize Time vs. Ship Time? Lamani Tour

JeremyK

My questions if anyone can answer it with 100% certainty:

1. What is the time difference between 'Ship Time' and 'Belize Time'? Is it 1hr, or 2hr when we go this June? (I understand they don't do DST)

2. Is the 'Ship Time' different than Miami time of EST?

I have searched this board for the correct answer, got mixed answers. So I called Carnival and even got the Supervisor on the phone, they couldn't even tell me!

The reason it's important is because I am going to Lamanai with a 3rd-party company, and I want to verify the times are correct.

Thanks!

Since we have now changed our clocks can you check to see what time it is in Miami now, and what time it is in Belize now? I know when we went in Jan/Feb on RC, the ship DID NOT change their time, and we stayed on Miami time. When we got to Belize, it was very early. We went to Lamanai from the RC Navigator end of Jan. (through cruiseline) and it was a great day! You will definitely enjoy. Be sure to climb all the way to the top and look out over the river and countryside. Make sure you have your camera. Makes for some great photos!

My questions if anyone can answer it with 100% certainty:

1. What is the time difference between 'Ship Time' and 'Belize Time'? Is it 1hr, or 2hr when we go this June? (I understand they don't do DST)

2. Is the 'Ship Time' different than Miami time of EST?

I have searched this board for the correct answer, got mixed answers. So I called Carnival and even got the Supervisor on the phone, they couldn't even tell me!

The reason it's important is because I am going to Lamanai with a 3rd-party company, and I want to verify the times are correct.

Thanks!

When we were there it was two hours, Feb 08. They do not do Day light savings. We went to Lamanai(independent excursion) and had plenty of time to make the last tender. You'll have a great time. Relax and don't worry about the time. Your guide knows he lives or dies if he doesn't get you back in time. His livelyhood is based on his ability to get you back in time. An excursion company would be raked over the coals on places like Cruise Critic if it got around they didn't get back to the ships on time.

Just off the NCL Jewel. We were in Belize on March 17 and it was 2 hours behind Miami time.

We left Miami on Sunday and on the first night on the Jewel they tell you to push your watch back 1 hour, and on the second night, push it back another hour.

On Thursday night, they tell you to spring foward 1 hour and on Friday night, 1 more hour forward, so when you get to Great Stirrup Cay, you're back on Miami time.

So, regarding NCL, ship time is the same as whatever port you're in. They will announce it over the speaker with other general info, and then the cabin stewards leave a note on your bed when they turn the cabin down for the night.

I'm such a smartypants now!!:p

Archived