NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Carol, glad you found your list...Carl, hope you two did something special! Congratulations!

yj189w6dj97_anniversary-1.gif

Thank you!

We met at a restaurant in Berkeley after work called Riva Cucina. It was great! We brought a bottle of Merlot we bought in Napa from Twomey that was vintage our wedding year (2001). Delicious! It was a great night out. Our daughter even came over and walked the dog so we didn't have to rush home.

Thank you!

We met at a restaurant in Berkeley after work called Riva Cucina. It was great! We brought a bottle of Merlot we bought in Napa from Twomey that was vintage our wedding year (2001). Delicious! It was a great night out. Our daughter even came over and walked the dog so we didn't have to rush home.

Carl, I checked out their website...YUMMO! Now I need to check out the winery too.

Happy 10th ANNIVERSARY...keep celebrating! I am now officially hungry. One of these days we will have to check out that winery.

Edited by barnismom

Just popping in for a minute Southwest is having a big sale right now. I just changed our flight for our next cruise and saved almost $400 for the both of us to fly to Fort Lauderdale in Sept.

I just made rezzies on SW last week for our NJ flights for our cruise in Nov - let me check out the rates now... if it's cheaper I will cancel and rebook -

Hope you are doing ok Yvonne - been telling everyone I am still online but I disappear, it's cuz my computer is trying to go to computer heaven - it's been hanging til since last week!!

carol

Just popping in for a minute Southwest is having a big sale right now. I just changed our flight for our next cruise and saved almost $400 for the both of us to fly to Fort Lauderdale in Sept.

Yvonne, I went in a couple of times yesterday and today and the flights are still priced $300 more than what we already paid...you are lucky! I cannot seem to get the $120 OW fare; is that what you paid, base rate?

Yvonne, I went in a couple of times yesterday and today and the flights are still priced $300 more than what we already paid...you are lucky! I cannot seem to get the $120 OW fare; is that what you paid, base rate?

Yes round trip with tax and fees $282.75 SJC - FLL though I did need to change our flight coming home from a Sunday to a Monday. Even though we have to book a hotel for Sunday night we are still coming out way ahead and we get a extra day of vacation. I love to decompress for a day after getting off the ship.

Yes round trip with tax and fees $282.75 SJC - FLL though I did need to change our flight coming home from a Sunday to a Monday. Even though we have to book a hotel for Sunday night we are still coming out way ahead and we get a extra day of vacation. I love to decompress for a day after getting off the ship.

Yvonne, I think it is because we are heading out on a Friday and coming home on a Sunday. I unfortunately do not have much flexibility. Just think you can splurge somewhere else! Thanks for the tip!

I cannot believe the one day of happiness and then the next day's news about Devin's trade...he will be missed!

Hopefully with this trade the Sharks can win the CUP next year; what do you think Carl and Yvonne?

I cannot believe the one day of happiness and then the next day's news about Devin's trade...he will be missed!

Hopefully with this trade the Sharks can win the CUP next year; what do you think Carl and Yvonne?

Poor Devin. They say he was pretty crushed and shocked. There has been rumors about Devin being up for trade. He's a nice kid and we wish him all the luck.

However, Burns is almost as good of a d-man as Boyle. He will take a lot of pressure off of Boyle. so I think Boyle might have a career season next year.

Poor Devin. They say he was pretty crushed and shocked. There has been rumors about Devin being up for trade. He's a nice kid and we wish him all the luck.

However, Burns is almost as good of a d-man as Boyle. He will take a lot of pressure off of Boyle. so I think Boyle might have a career season next year.

Devin is still young so he will probably have an opportunity to perhaps be a Shark again...so is the life of an athlete. This might be his ticket to the Stanley Cup but not too certain about his new team...

Enjoy your 4th!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Yvonne:

--thinking of you and your cruise - I sure enjoyed the Orlando area - esp the outlets!! ha!ha!

--Calidiva - where in CoCo County? your cruise sounds exciting too - welcome to this thread - hope you come in often -

carol

Hi Yvonne:

--thinking of you and your cruise - I sure enjoyed the Orlando area - esp the outlets!! ha!ha!

--Calidiva - where in CoCo County? your cruise sounds exciting too - welcome to this thread - hope you come in often -

carol

Hi Carol I'm glad you enjoyed Orlando I actually have been there before only it was many moons ago. I'm not sure if you remembered that we changed our cruise. We were going out of Port Canaveral on the Dream and switched to the Valor out of Miami so we won't be going to Orlando after all.

I was reading your post to Calidi and thought where is CoCo County then I realized Contra Costa.

I hope all is well with you and the family its been nice I'm sure to have a bit of a cool down in your area even though the heat is sure to return. My son in Discovery Bay said its been really windy the last few days.

My sister just booked a cruise on Princess for Oct. she's never been to the Caribbean. I introduced her to CC and she has a great group of people on her thread. It took awhile to explain how everything works though I think she now has it down she's posting almost every day.

I'm stuck at work today and since Saturday's are fairly quiet I can get caught up on CC oh boy my favorite addiction.

So have you been doing anything fun so far this summer? Day trips, weekend trips, parties, etc.

Hi everybody! :D

Everyone doing ok?

We changed our cruise to the Oasis. Can't wait!

The Oasis or the Allure is on my list too - have been hearing nothing but positive things them - even tho' they are super huge - will be anxious to hear what you think abou the Oasis - our Janice went on the maiden voyage - got on TV too!

carol

Yvonne - I guess I wasn't paying any attention - I didn't realize you changed ships - but hey! a cruise is a cruise and you will have fun anyway! I love Miami too - used to go in a day before so that we can go to Bayside and walk around -

Summer is usually a busy time for us - family gatherings and friends too - lots of BBQ's and Narce and I do a lot of day trips - we spent 3 days in Los Angeles last weekend - just relaxed, hung out at the Farmers Mkt area - spent time with Narce's siblings - it was fun - ate too much as usual cuz we went to some of our favorite places too - this weekend is their carmegeddon so glad we chose last weekend to go - then I had my annual Classmate BBQ to go to and since I am a member of that committee, we had lots of work to do up to the last min. It's an all yr thing with us anyway - now we have a lunch for Sept and I don't know where we will be going and since I am in charge, I better hurry and pick a place -

Nephew bought a new house in Brentwood with a pool so we have been going there for family fun - tomorrow Narce says we will go to the Berkeley area - don't know what we will end up doing but sounds like fun... i am with girlfriends a lot too so yes, I am having a fun summer.

My computer is still working but next week I will get the one I finally decided on - took a month but I am getting an HP all-in-one with a 23" monitor - I had to send for a router and finally got that --

I better start thinking about my NOV cruise cuz it'll be here before I know it and I don't want it to be a last min thing again - even tho' I am retired, I just can't do things when I am suppose to!

Yes, it's been chilly during the evenings - in fact, at this moment, Narce and his buddy fired up the chiminea outside and are talking about whatever camping/fishing buddies talk about! ha!ha!

Janice - where are you?

carol

Hi everybody! :D

Everyone doing ok?

We changed our cruise to the Oasis. Can't wait!

Carl, you will so love the Oasis class of ships. FYI, my friend Emmy posted a link to a Discovery Channel documentary called Mighty Ships. Let me see if I can find her link and yes you will see the Pink Boas. Actually she and I were on TV twice besides the documentary; really exciting.

Yvonne - I guess I wasn't paying any attention - I didn't realize you changed ships - but hey! a cruise is a cruise and you will have fun anyway! I love Miami too - used to go in a day before so that we can go to Bayside and walk around -

Summer is usually a busy time for us - family gatherings and friends too - lots of BBQ's and Narce and I do a lot of day trips - we spent 3 days in Los Angeles last weekend - just relaxed, hung out at the Farmers Mkt area - spent time with Narce's siblings - it was fun - ate too much as usual cuz we went to some of our favorite places too - this weekend is their carmegeddon so glad we chose last weekend to go - then I had my annual Classmate BBQ to go to and since I am a member of that committee, we had lots of work to do up to the last min. It's an all yr thing with us anyway - now we have a lunch for Sept and I don't know where we will be going and since I am in charge, I better hurry and pick a place -

Nephew bought a new house in Brentwood with a pool so we have been going there for family fun - tomorrow Narce says we will go to the Berkeley area - don't know what we will end up doing but sounds like fun... i am with girlfriends a lot too so yes, I am having a fun summer.

My computer is still working but next week I will get the one I finally decided on - took a month but I am getting an HP all-in-one with a 23" monitor - I had to send for a router and finally got that --

I better start thinking about my NOV cruise cuz it'll be here before I know it and I don't want it to be a last min thing again - even tho' I am retired, I just can't do things when I am suppose to!

Yes, it's been chilly during the evenings - in fact, at this moment, Narce and his buddy fired up the chiminea outside and are talking about whatever camping/fishing buddies talk about! ha!ha!

Janice - where are you?

carol

Carol, I need to get ready for bed. FYI, I seem to have problems when I am on CC the last week or two. When I finish with the 9-25 Allure and go somewhere else my computer or CC freezes so I give up...

Hello to Narce!

Carl, you will so love the Oasis class of ships. FYI, my friend Emmy posted a link to a Discovery Channel documentary called Mighty Ships. Let me see if I can find her link and yes you will see the Pink Boas. Actually she and I were on TV twice besides the documentary; really exciting.

That's so cool Janice! I'd like to see that.

We were excited about going on Explorer, but just didn't feel right. So, I started shopping. Karen came to me last Saturday and said Oasis has a trip the same week. so I said lets do it! Now I feel that good feeling I'm supposed to feel. Very excited!!!!!

The Oasis or the Allure is on my list too - have been hearing nothing but positive things them - even tho' they are super huge - will be anxious to hear what you think abou the Oasis - our Janice went on the maiden voyage - got on TV too!

carol

It's funny because we went on Voyager when it was the biggest, Freedom when it was the biggest, and now Oasis the biggest (well, actually Alure is a tiny bit bigger). Meant to be. I can't wait!!

It's funny because we went on Voyager when it was the biggest, Freedom when it was the biggest, and now Oasis the biggest (well, actually Alure is a tiny bit bigger). Meant to be. I can't wait!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMHDIEAQgmc

Carl, here is the link above; hope you can open this up. My dear friend, Emmy and I are between the 8-10 minute marks; appear twice. My DH (Patrick) is also in the footage.

So looking forward to the Allure of the Seas in September. Carl, I am glad that you decided to try the Oasis class ship; so many dining options and things to do! Let me know if you have any questions!

Edited by barnismom

Janice: that's what my computer was doing too - it's slow but seems to be working just fine - however, that new one is still meant to be...

finally got my router so I am set, just have to get Narce to go with me so he can carry it and then nephews will set it up -

carl - in 1988, we were soooo excited to be going on the "biggest ship in the world" - RCCL's Sovereign of the Seas!!

and then the Radiance Class, the Voyager class and looking forward to the Allure - my favorite is the Radiance class for the layout - and all the glass -

carol