NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

I like your idea better.10% sounds real good.

Altho' when we used to pay 9.25% sales tax, I was complaining big time - now it's a whole 1% lower - so that was almost 10% -- however, 10% fed tax --- etc etc.... would be kinda' ideal!! it's too simple - why would the govt folks think of that solution? why would they take from a person who is making only $6,000 /yr - ? and rake it in from those making 10 to 100 times!!

anyway, back to saving my pennies for my NOv cruise!

carol

Altho' when we used to pay 9.25% sales tax, I was complaining big time - now it's a whole 1% lower - so that was almost 10% -- however, 10% fed tax --- etc etc.... would be kinda' ideal!! it's too simple - why would the govt folks think of that solution? why would they take from a person who is making only $6,000 /yr - ? and rake it in from those making 10 to 100 times!!

anyway, back to saving my pennies for my NOv cruise!

carol

Carol and Carl,

Alaska Airlines is doing the no-tax for the next two days...we could fly to Seattle for $338 RT (FOR 2)! I need to see if there are any special places we want to visit. Enjoy the weekend!

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer...Craig if you are out there come back! Yvonne I went to the CSAA website and found some availability in Paso Robles, Atascadero and Morro Bay for your date which is around the corner.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend...think we are taking a drive to Thomas Kruse Winery and lunch/dinner at Phil's in Moss Landing. We have heard wonderful things about Phil's!

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer...Craig if you are out there come back! Yvonne I went to the CSAA website and found some availability in Paso Robles, Atascadero and Morro Bay for your date which is around the corner.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend...think we are taking a drive to Thomas Kruse Winery and lunch/dinner at Phil's in Moss Landing. We have heard wonderful things about Phil's!

Janice you have a great memory we ended up deciding to just drive straight to Santa Barbara on Saturday and not stop. You must be getting so excited about your upcoming cruise I know we are. Have you ever heard of a restaurant here in Palo Alto Cafe Riace well we are going there tonight for my sisters birthday celebration. Did you make it to Thomas Kruse Winery?

All is good. Been busy around the house. Karen goes for surgery on Friday. So we've been cleaning house. Hope evryone is having a great summer.

Oh, has everyone noticed the sale SWA is having? Just saved another $80 on our airfare:D

Janice you have a great memory we ended up deciding to just drive straight to Santa Barbara on Saturday and not stop. You must be getting so excited about your upcoming cruise I know we are. Have you ever heard of a restaurant here in Palo Alto Cafe Riace well we are going there tonight for my sisters birthday celebration. Did you make it to Thomas Kruse Winery?

Yvonne, I've been to Cafe Riace a few times, I like the outdoor seating. I so love pasta! Is this your first visit...let me know what you think.

Patrick and I did make it to Thomas Kruse and also went to Moss Landing and ate at Phil's Fish Eatery. I wasn't impressed but I think I ordered the wrong items; I was craving a lobster roll and theirs was dry! Then we did deep fried artichoke hearts but should have had one of the other versions. However, I am willling to try them again.

Enjoy the trip to Santa Barbara! FYI, are you stopping at Solvang's on the way back? I love the apple strudel.

We are getting excited about the Allure and I know you must be getting excited too as your cruise is before ours.

All is good. Been busy around the house. Karen goes for surgery on Friday. So we've been cleaning house. Hope evryone is having a great summer.

Oh, has everyone noticed the sale SWA is having? Just saved another $80 on our airfare:D

Carl, wow another savings! I check periodically and our flights do not go down in price. However, I will check again in a few minutes.

Tell Karen "hello" and wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery. The weather is strange right now and it feels like FALL.

...waiting for hockey season!

Yay - the gangs all here -

Carl - will be thinking of Karen on Fri and hope for a quick recovery.

We will be going to Reno/Sparks on Fri -- be back late Sunday = just to get away, me and Narce - he's been working really hard and last weekend when he was actually off, he helped our nephew put a gate up in his sideyard so that was two days of not going anywhere - well, early Sat morning we went to Walnut Grove to enjoy a nice drive along the levee, Hwy 160 along the Sacrament River - bought fresh produce at our favorite farm stand - had breakfast out -- other than that, he was at the nephew's in Brentwood - then I would go there to visit with another niece-in-law and keep the guys' energy going with snax...

Have a fun weekend everyone - tomorrow I will pack and do last min things around the house!

will look into SW also - I love the early bird check in too -

Janice - can't believe you will be going on your cruise next month - Yvonne next and me too!

carol

Yay - the gangs all here -

Carl - will be thinking of Karen on Fri and hope for a quick recovery.

We will be going to Reno/Sparks on Fri -- be back late Sunday = just to get away, me and Narce - he's been working really hard and last weekend when he was actually off, he helped our nephew put a gate up in his sideyard so that was two days of not going anywhere - well, early Sat morning we went to Walnut Grove to enjoy a nice drive along the levee, Hwy 160 along the Sacrament River - bought fresh produce at our favorite farm stand - had breakfast out -- other than that, he was at the nephew's in Brentwood - then I would go there to visit with another niece-in-law and keep the guys' energy going with snax...

Have a fun weekend everyone - tomorrow I will pack and do last min things around the house!

will look into SW also - I love the early bird check in too -

Janice - can't believe you will be going on your cruise next month - Yvonne next and me too!

carol

Carol, I cannot believe we are at the tail end of August...it already feels like Fall is in the air. FYI, I think dear Yvonne goes first, then moi, then you and then Carl. We are so looking forward to this getaway.

Have a wonderful time in the Reno/Sparks area. Have you been to Carson City lately? I heard the Ormsby House is back...loved that place.

That's right - I see that Carl has the Oasis on his schedule - fun..........and you on the Allure -

We might go to Carson City - since I went to Virginia with my girlfriends last May -- actually for tomorrow evening, we are planning to go to the seafood buffet at the Atlantis then it'll be "whatever" - anything goes for the next two days. I do know we are going to Cabelas for mr outdoors as soon as we hit boom town - I also like it there - lots of things to see -

chat with ya all when I get back - carol

Yvonne, I've been to Cafe Riace a few times, I like the outdoor seating. I so love pasta! Is this your first visit.

Yes it was our first visit to Caffe Riace though I don't know why its so close to my work I can walk there. We loved it I had walked over one day looked it over and chose a inside table due to my Mom. I chose a corner table yet by the time I got there my sisters chose a different table in a private room. It was great to be able to laugh out loud and not be bothered by other people around us yet the room was hot. It had a small window and they said they turned up the AC yet I was a little uncomfortable. My sister who's birthday it was is from Arizona so she likes it on the warm side and since it was her birthday I sucked it up. Yet I did ask for a fan to be placed in the hall towards our room. It was kind of surprising how hot the room was considering it has not been that hot in Palo Alto lately. Anyway the food and service was amazing I can't wait to return and sit outside. As we left we stepped outside into the patio and it was so beautiful and very romantic.

As for Santa Barbara I hope we have time to stop in Solvang I've only been there once and it was a quick stop.

Carol have fun on your weekend getaway with your honey.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Yvonne, I've been to Cafe Riace a few times, I like the outdoor seating. I so love pasta! Is this your first visit.

Yes it was our first visit to Caffe Riace though I don't know why its so close to my work I can walk there. We loved it I had walked over one day looked it over and chose a inside table due to my Mom. I chose a corner table yet by the time I got there my sisters chose a different table in a private room. It was great to be able to laugh out loud and not be bothered by other people around us yet the room was hot. It had a small window and they said they turned up the AC yet I was a little uncomfortable. My sister who's birthday it was is from Arizona so she likes it on the warm side and since it was her birthday I sucked it up. Yet I did ask for a fan to be placed in the hall towards our room. It was kind of surprising how hot the room was considering it has not been that hot in Palo Alto lately. Anyway the food and service was amazing I can't wait to return and sit outside. As we left we stepped outside into the patio and it was so beautiful and very romantic.

As for Santa Barbara I hope we have time to stop in Solvang I've only been there once and it was a quick stop.

Carol have fun on your weekend getaway with your honey.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Yvonne, safe travels and do enjoy Santa Barbara and report back! I used to work really close to Cafe Riace and miss my 5 minute drive to work...got so spoiled!

Belated happy birthday wishes for your sister!

bear1_lg.jpg

Carol.............Have a fun trip. We haven't been to Reno since "Hot August Nights" 2009. Stayed at the Peppermill. We really like the fish place at Atlantis (the one that's over Virginia St.

Yvonne.............How are things at you're dealership? We've had a few layoffs lately, including the service manager. We're going to be a Fiat dealer pretty soon (ok, ok stop laughing;)). I hope that will pick things up a bit.

Janice............My parents just loved Ormsby House. When I was a kid, I remember how classy it was.

Thank you Janice, very kind of you.

Karen's surgery went well. She's at Fremont Kaiser, hopefully coming home Sunday.

I'll show Karen when I go see her this afternoon.

Carl, that Kaiser is near my work...I work off of Osgood; near the Walmart/Fry's area. My bank is on Paseo Padre and usually go there for my flu shots.

Good news that Karen's surgery went well and I hope she is home as I type! Have a good week.

Carol.............Have a fun trip. We haven't been to Reno since "Hot August Nights" 2009. Stayed at the Peppermill. We really like the fish place at Atlantis (the one that's over Virginia St.

Yvonne.............How are things at you're dealership? We've had a few layoffs lately, including the service manager. We're going to be a Fiat dealer pretty soon (ok, ok stop laughing;)). I hope that will pick things up a bit.

Janice............My parents just loved Ormsby House. When I was a kid, I remember how classy it was.

Carl, I had to laugh when you said "FIAT" I think of the "fix it again Tony" and some of the other not so clean sayings.

DH and I spent a wonderful evening at the Ormsby House at the roulette wheel when it was only .25 a chip! Our twenty went far that year!

Carl, I had to laugh when you said "FIAT" I think of the "fix it again Tony" and some of the other not so clean sayings.

DH and I spent a wonderful evening at the Ormsby House at the roulette wheel when it was only .25 a chip! Our twenty went far that year!

I was thinking too how hard it used to be to get parts for Fiat. I hope that has improved:rolleyes:

Do you remember the fancy buffet they had at Ormsby?

Carl, that Kaiser is near my work...I work off of Osgood; near the Walmart/Fry's area. My bank is on Paseo Padre and usually go there for my flu shots.

Good news that Karen's surgery went well and I hope she is home as I type! Have a good week.

It's such a busy area around there. And so many eating places.

Karen said thanks for the get well wishes. She ended up coming home Saturday @ 10:30pm

Edited by kingsnake57
meant to add something

I was thinking too how hard it used to be to get parts for Fiat. I hope that has improved:rolleyes:

Do you remember the fancy buffet they had at Ormsby?

I was fortunate to stay there with a girlfriend on one of her SJ Mercury News outings a very long time ago. If memory serves me correctly (you know it goes with age) it was somewhat like the Wild West and I want to say Victorian...anyhow I do remember the good food with the courthouse across the street. I should check them out as they have supposedly reopened...

It's such a busy area around there. And so many eating places.

Karen said thanks for the get well wishes. She ended up coming home Saturday @ 10:30pm

Carl, great news that Karen was discharged so quicky and back home! Do you need to take time off to take care of her? Tell her to take it slow...

FYI, the Auto Mall area does have a number of great eateries from Claim Jumper, PF Changs, Five Guys, Dickies etc. Perhaps we could meet up there sometime...

• 2 weeks later...
Carl, great news that Karen was discharged so quicky and back home! Do you need to take time off to take care of her? Tell her to take it slow...

FYI, the Auto Mall area does have a number of great eateries from Claim Jumper, PF Changs, Five Guys, Dickies etc. Perhaps we could meet up there sometime...

I went back to work on Monday. She's doing real well, I keep having to tell her to take it easy.

It would be fun to meet for dinner some time.

I went back to work on Monday. She's doing real well, I keep having to tell her to take it easy.

It would be fun to meet for dinner some time.

Carl, I couldn't find this thread anymore but luckily Carol has a link. We went to the Stanford/San Jose State game yesterday and enjoyed being at the "Farm."

Hope you are enjoying the Labor Day weekend. We just watched "Slapshot" tonight...I had never seen that movie before. As DH said it is sort of like "Major League"; one of my favorite movies.