NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

May all the fur babies be well - always hard to leave them when we go on vacation - I used to send postcards to my Jen dog when we were away - my Mom would get the card, read it to her and post on the outside refrig door and she would actually look up and look at the postcard my Mom said -

carol

We have 2 Queensland Heelers, and they are going to the doggie hotel. They really love it there, but don't forgive us for about a week when we get back from a trip :) Pics aatched of their moping after we took a weekend getaway, LOL.

IMG_0070.jpg.902e20f803b271a8801dbb2697500ae7.jpg

queen.jpg.259af8c1755e3aa8a4984d68573602ad.jpg

Be safe Janice and Patrick and enjoy your brief getaway - mostly, be proud of your military guy - hugs from us!

May all the fur babies be well - always hard to leave them when we go on vacation - I used to send postcards to my Jen dog when we were away - my Mom would get the card, read it to her and post on the outside refrig door and she would actually look up and look at the postcard my Mom said -

carol

Just a quick note to say that we arrived safely in Columbia, South Carolina! Hope everyone is enjoying the week!

Thanks for checking in Janice - glad you arrived safely. How is the weather there?

Craig - you will love Alaska - we did the Skagway train ride - took a lot of pics - they say to sit on the LEFT side of the train - we were the last ones on so of course we were on the right, but that's ok, I could see what was on the left - at one point, it's scarey (I won't tell you) cuz of the side of the mountain is all I'll say - but I enjoyed it. I get excited about everyone's cruises!!

Your dogbabies are soooo cute!!

Yes, you have the right attitude - happy memories of your loved ones and then celebrating Carol's Mom's life by being in a place she enjoyed is the way to go--

a note, I am about 4 yrs older than your friend Scott - we have a RVHS Alumni Reunion every yr in Lodi - so far, the youngest one joining us have been from the class of 1970, 1969 - and mostly, classes from 66,67,68 dominate -

You and Carol are really from Nor-Cal!!

carol

Happy Tues to Everyone on this thread --

Hope it's been a good one for you all --

Don't know if there was a Sharks game today and if they played, hope they won!!

I guess we'll be hearing from the fans..

Yvonne, I 'll be thinking when I start packing tomorrow - Duct tape is a nice thing to bring - our friends needed some last time they cruised with us cuz they bought so many things that their suitcase ripped a little and they got some duct tape from their room attendant, which helped a lot-

I just have to stop bringing the "justincase" items! cuz I really don't need them! multiple eyeliners, multiple bottles of small lotions (should bring just one good size bottle), too many pens (I can always get some from the room attendant/guest relations), notebooks, etc etc.. and of course, always more clothes than needed - they do have laundry service.

I remember when I used to bring 20 or 25 canisters of 36 exp FILM!! those took up a lot of room!! and the cameras were bulkier than these small digitals - boy! digitals sure make a big difference!! carol

Carl, we are flying to Greenville South Carolina to attend my stepson's basic training graduation at Ft. Jackson. SO an early morning for me again as I also went into work this morning early. However, delaying packing as DH is doing that now.

SWA is not very comfortable for long hauls as I have flown home from Baltimore one time...

GO SHARKS!

Wow, you guys must be excited to see him graduate.

I don't like sitting so long, so a smaller plane makes it worse. I even get a little claustrophobic sometimes on long flights.

Thanx for reminding me - we will be sailing from Bayonne this Nov for the Caribbean so we have to fly from here and I want to book my SW flights - I see that you will be on the Explorer - we have sailed from NJ on her twice already and like going from Bayonne - this time we will be on Celebrity's Silhouette - when is your cruise?

BTW, how is it sailing out of Bayonne? We usually go from Miami, but the price on this one was too good to pass on.

BTW, how is it sailing out of Bayonne? We usually go from Miami, but the price on this one was too good to pass on.

Carl:

We have sailed NOv and Mar from this port -- both times cold - not snowy, not rainy - just cold -- we stayed at the Marriotts/Springhill located at the airport/Newark - rates not bad, comfy.. we get a taxi to take us to the port - forgot how much - maybe in the $50 range for two of us.... 30 min? depending on traffic on the bridge. We usually fly in 3 days before cuz we visit with friends and relatives in NJ/PA... then we just fly out same day as disemb'g -- we just hop on a shuttle at the port that takes us directly to the airport - $25 each. WE love sailing under the bridge, need binoculars to see the Statue of Liberty cuz she is a distance from the sailaway route, but you can see her. Going under the verrazona (??? on the name of the bridge???) bridge is like going under our GoldenGate - for two days, it's cold/chilly... so I have a fleece jacket, good enough for me - then it gets warmer as you approach Caribbean waters... both times we sailed, coming back, for two days again - it's rough getting into NJ - I load up on my bonine, ginger pills (which worked for me there but didn't work for me when we did the northbound SF to AK cuz I got seasick for two days, along with the rest of the pax)...

We will be doing this again, as I mentioned - Bayonne sailaway - NOv 18 on Celebrity's Silhouette. .... can't wait!! carol

Thanks for checking in Janice - glad you arrived safely. How is the weather there?

Craig - you will love Alaska - we did the Skagway train ride - took a lot of pics - they say to sit on the LEFT side of the train - we were the last ones on so of course we were on the right, but that's ok, I could see what was on the left - at one point, it's scarey (I won't tell you) cuz of the side of the mountain is all I'll say - but I enjoyed it. I get excited about everyone's cruises!!

Your dogbabies are soooo cute!!

Yes, you have the right attitude - happy memories of your loved ones and then celebrating Carol's Mom's life by being in a place she enjoyed is the way to go--

a note, I am about 4 yrs older than your friend Scott - we have a RVHS Alumni Reunion every yr in Lodi - so far, the youngest one joining us have been from the class of 1970, 1969 - and mostly, classes from 66,67,68 dominate -

You and Carol are really from Nor-Cal!!

carol

Carol, it rained for most of the morning before we headed out to Ft. Jackson so I wasn't able to check out any of the little boutiques or antique stores.

Family Day was special and I will see if DH will post any photos here. We took a short walk around the hotel to find a little bar but it was either too young, too noisy or too dead; guess we are getting to be part of the "older" generation...

Carl, I don't think it was as well organized as Ft. Lauderdale is now for the Allure/Oasis. I think Bayonne only had one way in and out and got congested; Carol isn't it a former naval warehouse area or something like that so it wasn't as scenic initially. However, sailing by the Statue of Liberty was awesome!

Wow, you guys must be excited to see him graduate.

I don't like sitting so long, so a smaller plane makes it worse. I even get a little claustrophobic sometimes on long flights.

It has been exciting seeing the transformation..and Kevin's stories about surviving the 10 weeks; meeting his platoon mates etc. So much excitement and energy! We had dinner there and also shared a game of bowling too; also checked out the PX too!

Tomorrow is graduation and back on the plane...Friday back to work!

Sounds like you are having a lot of family fun - so glad -- enjoy!!

I forgot about Bayonne being a port that is dreary looking! ha! ha! as oppose to Miami - sunny and very cruise=looking!! also, from the lobby or waiting area, at least this is what happened last time Mar 09 - we were shuttled or bused from the waiting area to the ship - once it was a bus and once is was one of those coaches - so you still had to hassle with your hand carries on your lap if you are on the coach - forgot if they took it from you when on the bus and put it in their compartment .. just can't remember these things anymore! ha!ha!

anyway, it's ok sailing from that port - except during those two months of Nov and Mar, it was cold - and seas can be a little rough but not super bad - a little bit rougher on the way back to NJ.

started folding clothes today and will start packing - seriously = NOW!

carol

Carl:

We have sailed NOv and Mar from this port -- both times cold - not snowy, not rainy - just cold -- we stayed at the Marriotts/Springhill located at the airport/Newark - rates not bad, comfy.. we get a taxi to take us to the port - forgot how much - maybe in the $50 range for two of us.... 30 min? depending on traffic on the bridge. We usually fly in 3 days before cuz we visit with friends and relatives in NJ/PA... then we just fly out same day as disemb'g -- we just hop on a shuttle at the port that takes us directly to the airport - $25 each. WE love sailing under the bridge, need binoculars to see the Statue of Liberty cuz she is a distance from the sailaway route, but you can see her. Going under the verrazona (??? on the name of the bridge???) bridge is like going under our GoldenGate - for two days, it's cold/chilly... so I have a fleece jacket, good enough for me - then it gets warmer as you approach Caribbean waters... both times we sailed, coming back, for two days again - it's rough getting into NJ - I load up on my bonine, ginger pills (which worked for me there but didn't work for me when we did the northbound SF to AK cuz I got seasick for two days, along with the rest of the pax)...

We will be doing this again, as I mentioned - Bayonne sailaway - NOv 18 on Celebrity's Silhouette. .... can't wait!! carol

Yep, we're excited to go too. I've never been to New York, should be fun. What airline are you guys flying to Newark?

Carl, I don't think it was as well organized as Ft. Lauderdale is now for the Allure/Oasis. I think Bayonne only had one way in and out and got congested; Carol isn't it a former naval warehouse area or something like that so it wasn't as scenic initially. However, sailing by the Statue of Liberty was awesome!

I guess I've been spoiled by port of Miami. Even San Pedro has a really nice cruise terminal.

I guess I've been spoiled by port of Miami. Even San Pedro has a really nice cruise terminal.

Miami will always be my favorite cuz it's our first port in 1988 when we did our very first cruise on the Sovereign... been to Ft Lauderdale and it was ok - yes, San Pedro is nice too - I love seeing the restaurants and the bridge from behind when sailing out -

it'll be our first from Pt Canaveral on April 10th so I'll be able to experience that - SF has the worse pier but love going under the GG Bridge.

We are trying to use SW for our Newark flt in Nov - if not, any airlines except United - - somehow DH doesn't like United... I have to do some shopping still but for now, I think SW is my 1st choice.

carol

Miami will always be my favorite cuz it's our first port in 1988 when we did our very first cruise on the Sovereign... been to Ft Lauderdale and it was ok - yes, San Pedro is nice too - I love seeing the restaurants and the bridge from behind when sailing out -

it'll be our first from Pt Canaveral on April 10th so I'll be able to experience that - SF has the worse pier but love going under the GG Bridge.

We are trying to use SW for our Newark flt in Nov - if not, any airlines except United - - somehow DH doesn't like United... I have to do some shopping still but for now, I think SW is my 1st choice.

carol

Carol, Miami is probably our favorite port! Ft. Lauderdale is really nice too. Miami was our honeymoon port on the Sovereign of the Seas!

We're home! More later! FYI, I was so uncomfortable flying on SWA for the long trip...my lower back is hurting!

wow!! I am not an official Sharks fan yet... but I am sooooooooooo excited that the made the playoffs!!! way to go...

Janice, glad you are back safely - I will have to do something re: a pillow for my lower back when we fly on SW next Wed - of course, I always place that small pillow on my back no matter what airline we are on -

carol

On April 1 have a very Happy Happy Birthday Dear Yvonne!!!! and many many more!! celebrate well - enjoy! ... we are so happy to have you as a good friend here on this thread!

Love,

Carol & Narce

Carol, Miami is probably our favorite port! Ft. Lauderdale is really nice too. Miami was our honeymoon port on the Sovereign of the Seas!

We're home! More later! FYI, I was so uncomfortable flying on SWA for the long trip...my lower back is hurting!

We enjoy Miami - especially wandering around Bayside - when RCCL used to include overnight stay in their packages, we always stayed at the Hyatt down the street from Bayside - loved it - can't believe the Sovereign was our very first ship in 1988 - loved it so much we went back the following yr - it was THE BIGGEST SHIP IN THE WORLD at that time!! The last time we saw it was in 2000 when we docked by it in the Bahamas - still looked good... nice memories - carol

On April 1 have a very Happy Happy Birthday Dear Yvonne!!!! and many many more!! celebrate well - enjoy! ... we are so happy to have you as a good friend here on this thread!

Love,

Carol & Narce

]

Thank you Carol so far so good the weather is beautiful which makes me happy. I am meeting my family for dinner at Trader Vic's in Palo Alto. I've never been there before its Polynesian food and they have a outdoor patio. With these warm temperatures it might be a beautiful evening to have dinner outside.

Welcome home Janice sorry to hear the flight was so uncomfortable.

]

Thank you Carol so far so good the weather is beautiful which makes me happy. I am meeting my family for dinner at Trader Vic's in Palo Alto. I've never been there before its Polynesian food and they have a outdoor patio. With these warm temperatures it might be a beautiful evening to have dinner outside.

Welcome home Janice sorry to hear the flight was so uncomfortable.

Yvonne, I had my high school reunion there last year and DH and I have enjoyed a yummy meal there too.

FYI, I think the flight was uncomfortable since I spent most of my time in South Carolina actually sitting down. OH and we bowled for the first time in over 5 years...we had a wonderful time in Greenville, SC with friends. Of course quality time with the newest PRIVATE Kevin. We hope he thrives in the Army!

wow!! I am not an official Sharks fan yet... but I am sooooooooooo excited that the made the playoffs!!! way to go...

Janice, glad you are back safely - I will have to do something re: a pillow for my lower back when we fly on SW next Wed - of course, I always place that small pillow on my back no matter what airline we are on -

carol

Carol, did you purchase the early bird? It helped on one leg but not the other...I think I will be more prepared next trip!

So excited that you will be on your vacation soon! Wish we could be with you guys!