Harbor House Hotel?

pearose

We are considering driving in the night before our cruise this time and possibly staying at the Harbor House Hotel. Just wondered, from anyone who has stayed there, what their experience was. Also I noticed it says $10 per night for parking, but free for the duration of the cruise. But transportation to the terminal is apparently not included.

My question would be, is it safe and secure parking if you leave your car there during the cruise and is it close enough to the terminal to walk from the hotel? We normally park at EZ Cruise Parking and have been very pleased with them.

Thanks in advance!

We walked to the terminal, We did it with 4 roll bags, not a problem.., well went by Starbucks on our way, its really about half a block from Harbor House and the ship terminal, Great resturants right there, Car stayed there all week, Oyeah that was the easiest we ever got on and off a ship...

We are considering driving in the night before our cruise this time and possibly staying at the Harbor House Hotel. Just wondered, from anyone who has stayed there, what their experience was. Also I noticed it says $10 per night for parking, but free for the duration of the cruise. But transportation to the terminal is apparently not included.

My question would be, is it safe and secure parking if you leave your car there during the cruise and is it close enough to the terminal to walk from the hotel? We normally park at EZ Cruise Parking and have been very pleased with them.

Thanks in advance!

That Harbor House web page has not been updated for a couple of years. I would suggest calling to make sure.

It is a very easy walk to the terminal from the hotel. We only live in Houston and always stay at the Harbor House prior to our cruise. The parking is as secure as any other parking lot. And not having to take a shuttle to your car after the cruise is a plus. You only have to pay to park for each night you are at the hotel and it costs nothing more for the duration of your cruise. You will love the location for both the cruise and being able to walk over to the Strand that its only a couple of blocks. Hope you have fun.

We stayed there a couple of years ago after Hurricane Gustav (but before the other one) ....

we left our car there for free for the duration of our cruise.

We just pulled our luggage to the terminal since they are all right next door to one another.

We enjoyed it.....

We have stayed there for our last two cruises and will be staying again on April 11th. Absolutely love it...we like to get up in the morning and watch the ship come in and this is the best place for that because you can check out your window before going down to the pier. Also, it's close, the restaurants nearby are great and the strand is close. No problem with the parking and it's easy to get out of when you get back in. Added bonus for this cruise is that we booked a discounted price of $80 which is way lower than we've paid before!

We have stayed there for our last two cruises and will be staying again on April 11th. Absolutely love it...we like to get up in the morning and watch the ship come in and this is the best place for that because you can check out your window before going down to the pier. Also, it's close, the restaurants nearby are great and the strand is close. No problem with the parking and it's easy to get out of when you get back in. Added bonus for this cruise is that we booked a discounted price of $80 which is way lower than we've paid before!

Would you please share how you got the Harbor House for such a great price?

Thanks!

Would you please share how you got the Harbor House for such a great price?

Thanks!

The May 8th and 9th is

Annual Galveston Historic Homes Tour and the

14th Annual Yaga's World Wild Game Championship & BBQ Cook-off which is why HH is booked. Cookoff is next door to HH.

Galveston is like a destination port with many things to do all year around!

Plus it is beginning of tourest season and Spring time.

Believe it is Priceline and bid on price. I live here and donot use service.

If HH is booked full. Treemont and Galvez are owned by same.

Treemont is as close to terminal as HH. Galvez is on Gulf of Mexico about 2 miles from port as opposed to walking.when at Treemont and Harbor House.

The May 8th and 9th is

Annual Galveston Historic Homes Tour and the

14th Annual Yaga's World Wild Game Championship & BBQ Cook-off which is why HH is booked. Cookoff is next door to HH.

Galveston is like a destination port with many things to do all year around!

Plus it is beginning of tourest season and Spring time.

Believe it is Priceline and bid on price. I live here and donot use service.

If HH is booked full. Treemont and Galvez are owned by same.

Treemont is as close to terminal as HH. Galvez is on Gulf of Mexico about 2 miles from port as opposed to walking.when at Treemont and Harbor House.

I have been trying for April 17 with Priceline and no luck. I would be happy with any of the three you mentioned for a decent price. I thought we were after spring break and before summer and expected things to be a little less. Kind of disappointed.

Originally Posted by texas greeneyes viewpost.gif

...I checked room rates, as well as cruise parking & shuttle information for most if not all the hotels in Galveston. My results are below, listed in order of guest satisfaction (based on travelers’ reviews on my favorite travel website). The room rates shown come from each hotel's website; they are the least expensive refundable rate for two adults checking in May 15 for one night; they do NOT include 15% tax.

Hope this is helpful!

Patty

Escapes to the Gulf at Galveston (800) 757-9730

$189 per night, two night minimum, free cruise parking, no shuttle

The Galvestonian (409) 765-6161

$245, no cruise parking, no shuttle

Comfort Suites Galveston @ 3606 89th St. (409) 741-9977

$150, cruise parking & shuttle $20 taxable one-time fee per room

Hotel Galvez (409) 765-7721

$219, no cruise parking, no shuttle

Quality Inn and Suites Galveston (409) 740-1088

$105, free cruise parking, no shuttle

The Tremont House

$139, pay $15.16 for valet parking at the Tremont, show proof at the Hotel Galvez to receive free parking and shuttle

Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites (409) 740-2431

$139 per night, two night minimum, free cruise parking, no shuttle

Harbor House (409) 763-3321

$109, cruise parking $30, no shuttle

Moody Gardens Hotel (409) 741-8484

$189, free cruise parking, free shuttle

Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort, 1702 Seawall @ 23rd St., (409) 762-4141

$129, free cruise parking, one-way shuttle TO terminal only, $20

Holiday Inn Resort Galveston, 5002 Seawall @53rd St., (409) 740-3581

$171, free cruise parking, free shuttle

Inn at the Waterpark (409)

$119, free cruise parking, no shuttle

The San Luis Resort (409) 744-1500

$219, free cruise parking and shuttle at adjacent Hilton

Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston (409) 744-3000

$183, free cruise parking, no shuttle

Hilton Galveston Island Resort (409) 744-5000

No availability May 15, free cruise parking and shuttle

Days Inn Galveston (409) 740-2491

$109, free cruise parking, no shuttle

Beachcomber Inn (409) 744-7133

$75, free cruise parking, no shuttle

Candlewood Suites Galveston (409) 744-4440

$135, cruise parking $25, no shuttle

Best Western Beachfront Inn (409) 740-1261

$135, free cruise parking, no shuttle

Super 8 Galveston (409) 740-6640

$207, free cruise parking until summer (May 15 still free) , no shuttle

La Quinta Inn Galveston, 1402 Seawall, (409) 763-1224

No availability May 15, free cruise parking, no shuttle

Commodore on the Beach (800) 231-9921

$139, free cruise parking, no shuttle

Hawthorn Suites at The Victorian Resort (409) 740-3555

$139, cruise parking $35 (rep stated “for security”), free shuttle

Springhill Suites Galveston Island (409) 740-9443

no cruise parking (available only until April), no shuttle

Howard Johnson Express Galveston (409) 744-1100

$80, free cruise parking, shuttle $10

La Quinta Inn and Suites Galveston, 8710 Seawall, (409) 740-9100

No availability May 15, cruise parking $15, shuttle $15

Comfort Inn & Suites Stewart Beach (409) 766-7070

$135, cruise parking w/out shuttle $35, parking & shuttle pkg (add’l fees) available by booking through parksleepfly.com only

Motel 6 (409) 740-3794

$50, free cruise parking, no shuttle

Hampton Inn and Suites Galveston (409) 744-5600

$189, cruise parking $45, no shuttle

Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront (409) 741-9977

$185, free cruise parking, shuttle $20 per person each way

Econo Lodge (409) 750-9400

$70, free cruise parking, no shuttle

Best Value Inn & Suites (409) 740-9000

$120, free cruise parking, no shuttle

Try also

Gaidos Hotel

Commodore Hotel

Coronado Palms-Galveston

Casita de Galveston

April 17 is

Galveston Island Food and Wine Festival (sat evening)

Art Walk (sat evening)

Market on The Strand (sat morning)

Greek Fest (sat afternoon and evening)

These events should not causing a Hotel jam up across the entire Island, unless there is a convention here also..... that weekend.

There are two large convention centers here.

However remember,

it is beginning of spring, two cruises (Carnival and Royal Carrib Sunday (5000 + cruisers on that one day), and beginning of tourist season and if there is a convention event?

Hotels begin to book up fast in the spring anyway.

Book early for the close to terminal cruise hotels!!!:)

April 17 is

Galveston Island Food and Wine Festival (sat evening)

Art Walk (sat evening)

Market on The Strand (sat morning)

Greek Fest (sat afternoon and evening)

These events should not causing a Hotel jam up across the entire Island, unless there is a convention here also..... that weekend.

There are two large convention centers here.

However remember,

it is beginning of spring, two cruises (Carnival and Royal Carrib Sunday (5000 + cruisers on that one day), and beginning of tourist season and if there is a convention event?

Hotels begin to book up fast in the spring anyway.

Book early for the close to terminal cruise hotels!!!:)

Thanks for the info!

Its $15 a night for parking while your there and $20 a week for cruise parking. I just talked to them the other day since were staying there in May.

Also I noticed it says $10 per night for parking, but free for the duration of the cruise. But transportation to the terminal is apparently not included.

We are two women in our 60"s who will be staying at Harbor House and then boarding the Ecstasy. Is it realistic to think we could manuever our luggage to the terminal?

------------------------------------------------------------------

How many bags are you taking

If you can walk a long way in a airport terminal,

you can do this!

Since you are staying there.

You can check it out yourself after you check in!

I called Harbor House this morning and they said parking is 10.00 for each night of your stay and free for cruise parking. I booked directly with them and confirmations sheet clearly says 10.00 parking and free parking for cruise, so they would have a hard time charging anymore than what they say on their own confirmation sheet.

To clarify the above info, if you book through HH's site or Galveston.com you may park for free for the duration of your cruise. If you book through Travelocity, Expedia, hotels.com, Priceline or Hotwire, or any other booking service, they do charge for cruise parking.

When I called them I didn't give them a name or anything just stated that I had a hotel room and was confirming parking prices. They told me $15 a night and $20 for the cruise week. Maybe they have some confused employees on the prices either way I'm planning for the more expensive one so I'm not surprised.

To clarify the above info, if you book through HH's site or Galveston.com you may park for free for the duration of your cruise. If you book through Travelocity, Expedia, hotels.com, Priceline or Hotwire, or any other booking service, they do charge for cruise parking.

Archived