Are Balcony rooms bigger than Oceanview rooms

mommyto2kids

I know that with the Balcony yes they are, but what about the actual rooms. Specifically we are talking about the Carnival Valor.

Not sure that I want a balcony (two young kids), but the difference is only 300 for the whole trip and if the room is bigger we may consider it.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure the oceanview and balcony rooms are the same square footage - only the balconies have... the balcony. I've stayed in both, and they sure feel the same. Although because the balcony is behind a door it almost feels like another room/space you can move into and it does make things nicer... although I suppose if the kids aren't old enough to go out there on their own (or the two of you can't leave them in the room by themselves) it may not be of any benefit.

The Ocean View rooms and the Balcony Rooms are the same size. However the OV rooms have all the space inside. The BR rooms split the space between the room and the balcony. So, if you aren't interested in the balcony, you will be better off in the OV- all the space is in the room.

Ocean views are 220 sq ft total.

The balcony is a room of 185 sq ft and a 35 sq ft balcony.(standard room)

which then combines to the 220 sq ft..

They share the same footprint, like above posters said, they just split room and bal is all.

Here is a link that shows the different cabin sizes:

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/valor/valor.htm

This site works for all ships. Just replace the ship name in the address (change valor to the other ship that you want to look at)

This is one of the sites that confuses me about room sizes. I was in a 1A on the Elation that this site says is 185 s.f., but I know that the room was 160. On the Holiday, I had a 1A porthole that was about 140 s.f.

Anyway. To the OP, like what the other posters said, you get more inside space with an oceanview. As far as the balcony rooms go, I read that there are safety locks that small children shouldn't be able to undo, if you're worried about them sneaking out there. Still, if you're putting 4 in a room, an oceanview would probably be better, for the extra space and the $300 savings.

I don't think room size gets bigger than OV until you hit the suites, then you start getting more square footage. With small kids I'd just go with the OV so there is more room inside the cabin for everyone to move around. I really like OV cabins, they feel big and you still get great views.

Just my two cents :D but I would go with a balcony cabin. There is just nothing better then ordering room service and sitting out and watching the water go by. Plus it is a nice place to hangout when everyone is getting ready.

Not sure how old your children are but I am sure they would love it also.

Archived