Do they use seatbelts....need to know about car seats

rsharma1033

Hi,

I was wondering if the transportation on the island has seatbelts.

I'm travelling with my 2 and 5 year old and I'm not sure if we should be bringing our car seats. We usually travel with our carseats but I'm not sure what I should do.

If you take your own car seat to use in the vehicle, do you take it along with you eveyrwhere you go? Beaches...other excursions?

I called Carnival and enquired if we booked an excursion what we should do and the lady told me they do not use seat belts on the islands....I just wanted to hear what others actually saw when they were there.

Thanks!

In private vehicles, there are very strict seat belt laws, for everyone in the vehicle. We also have mandatory child seat laws. It really helped with reducing accident deaths.

But for some reason, in taxis and buses, they are not required by law.

In private vehicles, there are very strict seat belt laws, for everyone in the vehicle. We also have mandatory child seat laws. It really helped with reducing accident deaths.

But for some reason, in taxis and buses, they are not required by law.

Thanks for the info! So do taxis and buses have seat belts? Are the taxis usually like pickups with benches in the back - or something to that effect?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but when researching this online for our upcoming trip, it seems that kids 4 and over are not required to use a car seat, but are required to sit in the back seat with a seat belt. A car seat was required for 3 and under.

Is this right? TIA!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but when researching this online for our upcoming trip, it seems that kids 4 and over are not required to use a car seat, but are required to sit in the back seat with a seat belt. A car seat was required for 3 and under.

Is this right? TIA!

4 and older are not required to be in a safety seat and yes, they need to use seatbelt. Only under 4 are required to be in a safety seat.

Archived