Anyone off the Heat Wave Tour recently?

cruizinrican

Hi! I just did the tour a couple of weeks ago. What do you want to know?

Hi Host Jacquelyn, I justed wanted to hear like a review of the trip. Was food good? Snorkeling, see any good sites? See the the sea turtles? Did you then stay at the Boatyard?

I am thinking you were on the Dawn too?!

Thanks for answering my questions.

Hi! I just did the tour a couple of weeks ago. What do you want to know?

Hi Host Jacquelyn, I justed wanted to hear like a review of the trip. Was food good? Snorkeling, see any good sites? See the the sea turtles? Did you then stay at the Boatyard?

I am thinking you were on the Dawn too?!

Thanks for answering my questions.

Hi there,

We had a great time. As soon as we got there, they offered us some coconut banana bread and drinks. It was open bar the whole time and they had a great selection - frozen drinks, beer, wine, juice, pop, bottled water. We sailed off to see the turtles first. It didn't seem like we were in the water all that long - maybe around 15 or 20 minutes. The guide brings food with him and the turtles come up to get the food. They were huge - around 2-3 ft long. It was really amazing. Make sure you stay near the guide if you want to see the turtles.

We then went back on the boat and sailed off to a shipwreck. I saw a bunch of yellow and black fish, but nothing that exotic. We also could have then swam off to a coral reef, but I was with my 6 year old daughter and she had enough. People said they saw nice fish out there, though.

We then sailed off and dropped anchor in the water looking out at the Sandy Lanes resort (where Tiger Woods was married). Lunch was fantastic - barbeque chicken skewers, grilled fish, lasagna, garlic bread, salad, potato salad and I am sure I forgetting more. They had ice cream for dessert too. After lunch we sailed back to the Boatyard, and it was so relaxing.

We stayed at the Boatyard afterwards. We got beachchairs and an umbrella. They had a water trampoline-type thing and a rope swing. The water and beach were both really nice.

In all, we had a great time. I had a couple of issues with their lack of equipment for kids (after assuring me they had), but other than that it was a lot of fun.

Hi there,

We had a great time. As soon as we got there, they offered us some coconut banana bread and drinks. It was open bar the whole time and they had a great selection - frozen drinks, beer, wine, juice, pop, bottled water. We sailed off to see the turtles first. It didn't seem like we were in the water all that long - maybe around 15 or 20 minutes. The guide brings food with him and the turtles come up to get the food. They were huge - around 2-3 ft long. It was really amazing. Make sure you stay near the guide if you want to see the turtles.

We then went back on the boat and sailed off to a shipwreck. I saw a bunch of yellow and black fish, but nothing that exotic. We also could have then swam off to a coral reef, but I was with my 6 year old daughter and she had enough. People said they saw nice fish out there, though.

We then sailed off and dropped anchor in the water looking out at the Sandy Lanes resort (where Tiger Woods was married). Lunch was fantastic - barbeque chicken skewers, grilled fish, lasagna, garlic bread, salad, potato salad and I am sure I forgetting more. They had ice cream for dessert too. After lunch we sailed back to the Boatyard, and it was so relaxing.

We stayed at the Boatyard afterwards. We got beachchairs and an umbrella. They had a water trampoline-type thing and a rope swing. The water and beach were both really nice.

In all, we had a great time. I had a couple of issues with their lack of equipment for kids (after assuring me they had), but other than that it was a lot of fun.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review here for myself and others who might be curious. It sounds like exactly what they told us. My DD is 12 so I think we will be fine. I can not wait to leave for Miami already! Off to finish packing, only 3 days left of work!

I was on the Heatwave on March 12th, and it was a fantastic cat with great food and service. Two big issues though (and thanks for the reminder...I want to email them directly). First, they promised equipment and then told us no fins (you could wear them if you brought your own). Slowed up the snorkel groups, which brings me to my main complaint. We were with the turtles for about 15 minutes, followed by the second snorkel stop which was 25 minutes...the first part over the shipwreck (not much going on there), then we swam to the reef. Upon our arrival the guide announced (Okay everyone..you have 8 minutes here then back on the boat)! I think they cut the day short since we were back early to pick up an afternoon group. If you don't mind the super quick snorkel stops, then I would recommend it. Those of us who booked this as a snorkel trip were disappointed.

Mary

We did the Heatwave last January in Barbados while on the Serenade. It was fabulous - well worth the $$$$.

Actually we are booking for this January also.

Go for it - you will not regret it at all.

Hi there,

We also have this excursion booked. Once you return to the Boatyard do they take people back to the port right away or do you need to stay at the Boatyard for awhile? Either way is good as long as we are back at the ship in plenty of time. Thanks!

We're booked for April 9 and SO looking forward to it!

One question - our grandson (17) willl have his own snorkel equipment, including fins, but we're wondering if they suppy the vests. None of us has those and they sure do make it a lot more pleasant and relaxing for us.

Thanks

We're booked for April 9 and SO looking forward to it!

One question - our grandson (17) willl have his own snorkel equipment, including fins, but we're wondering if they suppy the vests. None of us has those and they sure do make it a lot more pleasant and relaxing for us.

Thanks

We're booked for April 9th as well. We are travelling with our two boys who are 15 and 12. See you there!!

Pattie, are you in on a cruise ship or a land vacation? We'll be on the Noordam. Can't wait, I know it should be a VERY fun day. Our grandson will be happy to know there's other teens along. It's also hubby's birthday!

We were on Heatwave last week and had a great time. We thought the crew really took care of the guests. Our 2 girls - ages 12 and 9 were with us and loved it too. Had plenty of snorkeling time. Great food. Beverages constantly available. Great service - taking plates from you, getting drinks for you, handing out snorkel gear. Best day last week!:)

We also have this excursion booked. Once you return to the Boatyard do they take people back to the port right away or do you need to stay at the Boatyard for awhile? Either way is good as long as we are back at the ship in plenty of time. Thanks!

If we wanted to use the complimentary shuttle, it left right after we returned to the Boatyard. As we decided to stay at the Boatyard, we took a taxi back

Do they pick you up at the ship? I didn't see transportation offered?

I was staying at a hotel in Barbados for the week, and they picked us up at the hotel. I have heard that they do pick up at the pier as well (complimentary, I believe).

Pattie, are you in on a cruise ship or a land vacation? We'll be on the Noordam. Can't wait, I know it should be a VERY fun day. Our grandson will be happy to know there's other teens along. It's also hubby's birthday!

Your hubby looked very happy! Your grandson looked happier!! He seems like a great kid and you seem like wonderful grandparents. I hope to take my grandkids cruising some day.

Patti, you're absolutely right about us looking happy - we all agreed it was the best day of our cruise (and we had a GREAT cruise!)

What a fabulous day and such a terrific crew. I'm going to write a separate little review of our excursion because I just think Heatwave goes above and beyond to make it special. Can you only imagine how much fun it would have been if we'd had good weather?!!! On second thought, it just couldn't have been any better.

• 9 months later...

We are cruising in April and are considering Heatwave, however, it seems we either have to call in or email credit card info. I don't feel comfortable emailing that info and not sure I want to rack up the minutes on an international call. What was the process for the deposit those who have already done this tour?

Flahagan, I know this is an old post, but we are wanting to book this company for 23 people this April...We will be on the AOS....Any chance you remember how you made your deposit? They are wanting a 50% dep by CC, thru email....It is not a secure Web site....Makes us a little nervous:) If anyone else can answer this, please respond!! Thanks

Archived