Locked luggage wording change in docs!

gargoyle999

Was reviewing my cruise docs for my sailing (did I mention it's next month and I'm going to be on the Spirit for 12 days in an aft wrap going to Hawaii? :p).

Anyway...the wording has changed in my cruise docs from a version I saved a few weeks ago.

Used to say, "For security reasons, all checked luggage must be unlocked prior to turning it over to the porters."

It now says, "For security reasons, we suggest all checked luggage be unlocked prior to turning it over to the porters."

What do you think about that? I know this was a hot topic recently so thought I'd pass this on.

Was reviewing my cruise docs for my sailing (did I mention it's next month and I'm going to be on the Spirit for 12 days in an aft wrap going to Hawaii? :p).

Anyway...the wording has changed in my cruise docs from a version I saved a few weeks ago.

Used to say, "For security reasons, all checked luggage must be unlocked prior to turning it over to the porters."

It now says, "For security reasons, we suggest all checked luggage be unlocked prior to turning it over to the porters."

What do you think about that? I know this was a hot topic recently so thought I'd pass this on.

Confucius say,"the wise traveler puts nothing in CHECKED luggage requiring a lock!"

50 cruises, train trips, more than 2000 air trips, NEVER locked luggage, always checked it, losses=0. If it matters its in the carry-on.

Archived