Camp for Kids (4 year old girl)

SUZIECRUISE

Well I was 13 years old at the time of the cruise I went on, so I was in the teen club. My cousins and brother were 8, 10, and 11. My 8 year old cousin liked the club they had, but my brother and other cousin hated it. The younger kids did crafts, and watched movies, that kind of stuff. I believe at one time they had a sleepover sort of thing. It will definatly not be as great as disney's but it should be fine for a 4 year old.

My kids loved the kids program on NCL...hated to leave when we picked them up for mealtime. they did all kids of things-crafts, scavenger hunts, games, colored special t shirts, cookies and milk with the captain, pizza parties, pajama parties, etc. The counselors were great.They were 6, 7, and 11 at the time. Four years later they are going again and can't wait to make new friends in the kids club

I have two kids 8 & 11. We have sailed on the Disney Magic once and several times with NCL. In my opinion, you can't compare Disney to other companies. Disney is all about the kids (all the way from no square corners ANYWHERE on the ship to the characters, theme restaurants and of course the kids club). However, I must say...my kids always enjoy NCL's kids clubs. The staff is fantastic, friendly, professional and lots of fun. Both my kids enjoy it and always look forward to going back. We have had the pleasure of meeting Jewel Jen & Silly Sara (just to name a few) on the Dawn. That was a couple of years ago, and if you can imagine my kids still talk about them and remember them so fondly! So in essence, they have left my kids with some great memories.

We sail next week on the Star and the kids cant wait. Your kids will love it too! Trust me...they will be in good hands and will have a vacation they will always remember.

We have done 3 Disney cruises and my daughter just loved it!! Can anyone tell me how the Disney camp compares to the Norwegian kid camp? Any imput would be great.

I don't know anything about the Disney program, but we just got off the NCL dawn today and my 3 1/2 year old son LOVED the Kids Crew on the ship. He was in the 2-5s group. Every time we attempted to pick him up, he cried, wanting to stay at the Kids Club. The counselors were amazing!! The activities were great- they did face painting alot. You never knew what face you would find when you went to pick your child up. They did a Pirate themed treasure hunt, parades, arts and crafts, a pajama party, took the kids to 2 of the evening shows, held a talent show, had a special dinner at the buffet, and so many other activities, I can't even name them. I do have the schedule of activities in my suitcase if you want to take a look since your child would fall in the same age group.

We had three days at sea, and could barely drag my son away for meals those three days.

My daughter was 4 last summer and went on both an NCL cruise with us and a Disney cruise with grandparents (lucky kid!). She enjoyed both for the kid activities. While on Disney the entire cruise is more kid-oriented, on NCL she liked being like a "grown-up" for part of the time and just play like a kid at night. The Kids Crew is only open when not in port, but she loved going at night. Plenty of activities to keep her busy every night. We are going again this summer and she can't wait!

We have done 3 Disney cruises and my daughter just loved it!! Can anyone tell me how the Disney camp compares to the Norwegian kid camp? Any imput would be great.

I can't compare with Disney as we have only been on RCCL, Celebrity and NCL but we went on the NCL Jewel 3 years ago when our younger daughter was 3 and she LOVED IT. She didn't want to leave at night (10 PM I think when the regular session closes) so we left here there a couple of extra hours she was having such a great time. We are going back next week and she can't wait as she still remembers how much fun she had last time.

Archived