Just won a 8 day cruise for two to Alaska!

cmlmich

We were on an Alaska cruise on the Infinity last August. Despite less than wonderful weather, we had a fabulous time. Amazing scenery wherever you look. Didn't even bother with the ship excursions. We wandered around Ketchikan on our own and took the shuttle bus to the Mendenhall Glacier. Even though it was pouring rain that day, DH insisted we hike to the waterfall. It didn't seem like such a great idea at the time :rolleyes:, but looking back now, I'm glad we went. Hopefully, in June you'll have better luck with the weather. Enjoy!

Sheila

We were on an Alaska cruise on the Infinity last August. Despite less than wonderful weather, we had a fabulous time. Amazing scenery wherever you look. Didn't even bother with the ship excursions. We wandered around Ketchikan on our own and took the shuttle bus to the Mendenhall Glacier. Even though it was pouring rain that day, DH insisted we hike to the waterfall. It didn't seem like such a great idea at the time :rolleyes:, but looking back now, I'm glad we went. Hopefully, in June you'll have better luck with the weather. Enjoy!

Sheila

Now that sounds like what I am looking for. Doing something on our own and not paying $100 per person! How did you find info out about taking the bus to the Glacier? Thank you for your info.

Archived