Long Beach to San Pedro

jlines

I found a great rate on a rental car from Budget. Of course their office is in Long Beach and we sail from San Pedro. Question is, has anyone dropped their luggage off at the pier, returned a car in LB, and then taken the bus back to SP?

I found a great rate on a rental car from Budget. Of course their office is in Long Beach and we sail from San Pedro. Question is, has anyone dropped their luggage off at the pier, returned a car in LB, and then taken the bus back to SP?

Are you dropping the car off at the airport or downtown Long Beach?

You can use the link below to check out the time and cost to take the bus (I assume you mean a public transit bus) from the start location to the end. I could find the Port of Los Angeles or Cruise Terminal or something similar so I used Crowne Plaza LA Harbor as the final destination.

I would allow an hour or more for this normally 15 minute drive if you are starting downtown.

You can drop off your passengers and luggage at the berth and then return the rental. Some rental agencies will shuttle you a certain distance. If yours doesn't, you can take a cab or a shuttle (like Supershuttle) back to the port. Just make sure of the hours at the rental car agency as many have shorter hours on the weekend or could even be closed on Sunday.

Why oh why are you going to all this trouble!! Super Shuttle is CHEAP and hassle free from FAX to the Cruise Port in San Pedro....I am thinking that if you book it on line it is approx $16 per person and none of the hassle of picking up and returning a rental and worrying about getting back to the port....from LAX you will be at the ship in under 45 minutes!!!

Worry free and no hassle..........

Archived