Trip planning and Taxi Rates Miami

tprta

Am planning a cruise on the Valor out of Miami this Sept. In the past we have come in a couple of days early rented a car and enjoyed the area. On the day of the cruise would turn car in at Mia and take the shuttle to the port. This was with Alamo's free shuttle. With the new Rental Car Complex coming into the airport in May, I believe rental cars are doing away with the shuttles. I have been doing some checking and found a old taxi rate of $24.00 flat rate from the airport to the Port of Miami but the article was a year or so old. So I quess four questions are the taxi rates still $24.00 to the port from the airport and what is the rate from the port to the airport. How many people do the taxis in Miami carry, will be 4 of us, can drop them off at port then the car at airport if I have too. Also are there any rental companys still doing a shuttle. Sorry so long.

Thanks, T

We are doing the same thing in May..returning a rental car to MIA and going to port and vice versa. I have read articles that say the same thing. Wondering the prices and if there are shuttles from rental car agency? I flew in/out of MIA in Oct 09 and we had 5 people and took taxi in/out of South Beach. A van arrived that accomodated us all.

When I talked to Alamo they advised that they were no longer going to have a shuttle since it was going to be in the airport.could not get a answer about shuttle to port but it did not sound like it. I believe it is a flat rate from airport to port and hope they can handle 4 people. Maybe somebody that lives down there or vacations down there more often will be able to answer. If not will make something work and still have a good time.

Thanks was able to find the rate on the airport website. Also on another site they advised it was a flat rate and taxis can take up to four. Hope so. Also hope the rate is the same coming back. Only bad thing is still have to wait to Sept to go.

Archived