Is it worth it to pay $450 more for a JS

Been watching and hoping for a price drop and now I see my Mariners May 30th cruise has a residential rate for a JS at the back of the ship deck 6 for $450 (total for 3)more than I'm paying for 3 mid ship E1 balcony deck 8.

Here I was looking to save money and now consider spending more. Am I nuts? I see everyone rave about these aft balcony's.But the E1's have the 2 pullmans that I'm sure my daughters would love. Do you get more benefits in the JS cabins ? Do JS get any suite priveledges or is that only for higher suite accomodations?

:confused: I'm torn what to do. Would love some input.

Thanks

It is a long walk to the aft cabins and there is no concierge lounge access with a JS.

You are givng up a prime location but the $450 might be worth it foe the extra room.

Enjoy whatever you choose.

The JS will earn you 2 cruise credits in your Crown & Anchor status. :)

The walk to the aft is quite pleasant, you won't have "strangers" parading past your cabin or even being in your hall, and it's good exercise after all the cruise food you eat!

One caution: Deck 6 aft balconies are not quite as desirable as the higher decks. Because of the lower angle, and the large grey deck area at your deck level, you can see less of the sea from your lounger.

But your balcony is still BIG, and you have a couple of loungers as well as a couple of regular chairs and a table. VERY nice.

Been watching and hoping for a price drop and now I see my Mariners May 30th cruise has a residential rate for a JS at the back of the ship deck 6 for $450 (total for 3)more than I'm paying for 3 mid ship E1 balcony deck 8.

Here I was looking to save money and now consider spending more. Am I nuts? I see everyone rave about these aft balcony's.But the E1's have the 2 pullmans that I'm sure my daughters would love. Do you get more benefits in the JS cabins ? Do JS get any suite priveledges or is that only for higher suite accomodations?

Thanks

Junior Suite Enhancements:

Two cruise credits

Tea and coffee service en-suite

Terry bathrobes (for use on board)

Bathroom amenities

Walk-In Closet

A Bathtub NOT a Shower Stall in the Bathroom

Suite check-in line @ embarkation

Silver SeaPass® card for recognition

Thanks

I wouldn't trade where you are for an aft JS on any deck but 9 or 10. The view from the cabins on 6, 7 and 8 aren't that good, and I'm not sure there's any coverage over the balconies, either (I know that the Royal Family Suite on Deck 8 doesn't have any). Just my opinion.:)

One caution: Deck 6 aft balconies are not quite as desirable as the higher decks. Because of the lower angle, and the large grey deck area at your deck level, you can see less of the sea from your lounger.

But your balcony is still BIG, and you have a couple of loungers as well as a couple of regular chairs and a table. VERY nice.

While that is true for the 1st generation of voyager class ships, Mariner and Navigator do not have the steel wall on the balcony.

For the OP, i would sitck with what you got. I like mid-deck and you can use the $450 for a lot on board fun.

Archived