Shark/Ray Alley with Coral Breeze

djmc2002

Just back from Belize on the Explorer of the Seas 16 Jan 2005. We booked and went with Coral Breeze on the Shark and ray alley tour and it was outstanding!

We were met on the pier by the staff and directed to the boat. (we were the last ones there because of slow tendering off the ship because of a medical emergency, but they waited for us) The staff was very nice and told us about Belize, where we were going, what to look out for (i.e. fire coral, etc) showed us cards with some of the fish we might see and answered everyone questions.

We rode in a nice boat about 45 min north to Caye Caulker let off some folks and then went out to the reef. (had slight engine problems but did not effect the tour in any way) We had our own gear, but the gear they had for the others look to be in great shape and I heard not complaints. The reef was awesome. ** My only complaint was it was slight rushed although that could have been because they had to wait on a few of us and it put them behind schedule. We would have liked to done more drift snorkling and a slower pace but...

We then went to a sand bar and got to spend a fair amount of time swiming with the ray and a few sharks. It was way cool and we enjoyed it more than Sting Ray City in GC which we did last year.

Then back in the boat and to shore for a outstanding lunch a rustic beach hotel and resturant. I had a chicken burrito and my wife had lobster burritio.

The a nice boat ride back to Belize city where we still had a little time to shop before tendering back to the ship.

The whole experince with Coral Breeze was great and would highly recomend it. (It did fill nearly all our time in Belize so don't plan on doing it and then something else unless you have a longer port call then with RCCL.)

Enjoy!!

Yes there was clean bathrooms at the hotel/restaurant. The gals out there will get a kick out of this - the men had a big line wating for the bathroom while the womens was empty. Don't know how the womens bathroom was but the mens was clean.

Also there was time for hanging out on the beach but only about 1/2 and hour or so with us but like I said in the review we were rushed becuase of the tendering delay off the ship.

Enjoy we enjoyed Belize and Caye Caulker so much we are planing a trip back to there to say in one of the house or small hotels on the beach (from as low as 30 USD a night.) We loved it. Enjoy

Djmc, I have them booked for our stop in March. You have made me even mored excited and glad that I have booked with Coral Breezes! Thanks for the review.

Michelle

Us, too. We're booked for February 18th. Glad to see a recent good review - I had gotten a little nervous when we first book after reading a couple of bad ones, but felt much better after several e-mails with Paul - he was very professional and answered every question I had.

Thanks again for this info. . . . .:)

Archived