When the menu says espresso or cappuccino, is it real?

It's real, and excellent. I have a double espresso every evening w/dessert. Wonderful! I also have a single in the mornings at b'fast, and a cappuccino after lunch. All very good and exactly the strength it's intended to be.:)

The ones in the dining room are strong like the ones from the Coffee Shop that you have to pay for. But in the MDR they are in a small coffee cup, about 5 to 6 ounces, and they are plain, no flavors.

I also get one most every night. I get de-caf if I have late dining and were not going to a show.:D

Sounds like most posting on this thread don't know what is an espresso. Espresso is not strong coffee, it is the nectar of the coffee bean and and it is not more than a few liquid ounces. Cappuccino is espresso with frothed and heated milk added. Chocolate, cinamon or vanilla shavings optional.

Sounds like one has to pay for a pulled espresso. Maybe EXpresso is what is served in the MDR!

well i can't say how real it is, BUT!!!! thank you thank you thank you, for writing ESPRESSO!!!

seems half the goons around here say "expresso". it gets really irritating to read it that way, kind of like reading the wrong "their, there, they're"

I believe the rules of CC include not ridiculing fellow posters (goons? - c'mon now, play nice.) about spelling, punctuation, etc. Not everyone is perfect, y'know.:)

well i can't say how real it is, BUT!!!! thank you thank you thank you, for writing ESPRESSO!!!

seems half the goons around here say "expresso". it gets really irritating to read it that way, kind of like reading the wrong "their, there, they're"

LOL:p

The ones in the dining room are strong like the ones from the Coffee Shop that you have to pay for. But in the MDR they are in a small coffee cup, about 5 to 6 ounces, and they are plain, no flavors.

They're served in a demi-tasse cup, 4-oz. The doubles I get are in an 8-oz. cup. And it's definitely real espresso.

Sounds like most posting on this thread don't know what is an espresso. Espresso is not strong coffee, it is the nectar of the coffee bean and and it is not more than a few liquid ounces. Cappuccino is espresso with frothed and heated milk added. Chocolate, cinamon or vanilla shavings optional.

Sounds like one has to pay for a pulled espresso. Maybe EXpresso is what is served in the MDR!

Sorry to sound ignorant instead of helpful. I was talking about the cappuccino in my post. I don't do espresso or expresso.

seems half the goons around here say "expresso". it gets really irritating to read it that way, kind of like reading the wrong "their, there, they're" :eek:

yup that's exactly why this goon only has a little over 150 posts in 4 years. going back to haunting the boards again so I don't offend ya:(

Sorry I ain't perfuct you

You forgot to capitalize almost everything here except espresso........LOL...;)

It is impolite by the way to correct such things here ...

To the "OP" on the original question...It is real and very good....I get a double esrpesso every night in the MDR.....:cool:

It is a good American version of the what is served in Italy, although it is no where near what is served in Italy, but neither is anything else that is served in the US. Plus you can't get cappuccino after noon in Italy, it's an exclusively morning drink. They do serve it at the evening meal in the dining room but they didn't offer it in the morning.:confused:

It's real, and excellent. I have a double espresso every evening w/dessert. Wonderful! I also have a single in the mornings at b'fast, and a cappuccino after lunch. All very good and exactly the strength it's intended to be.:)

Do you sleep? Or blink? LOL

It is a good American version of the what is served in Italy, although it is no where near what is served in Italy, but neither is anything else that is served in the US. Plus you can't get cappuccino after noon in Italy, it's an exclusively morning drink. They do serve it at the evening meal in the dining room but they didn't offer it in the morning.:confused:

No, you can get cappuccino any time in Italy :): maybe sometime they run out of cornetti but cappuccino and espresso are available 24 hours a day.

Espresso : can be made with the special bar machine or home made with a "moka" .

It is called "ristretto" (concentrated) when it is very little or "lungo" if you want it less strong.

"caffè macchiato" is what is called "noisette" in France and it is normal "caffè lungo" with some hot milk (no froth).

The coffee shop that serves expresso, that charges for the expresso, is from a press like starbucks or seattle's best coffee stores. I am not sure of the cappucino that is free in the MDR because I haven't had it. I only drink caffeine in the morning. Hope this helps

It's real. They have a starbucks-like setup on several places. On the Dream they were close to the front of the MDR and off to the side. I watched them make espresso and cappucino while there.

Archived