Flying into Fort Lauderdale cruise leaves from Miami, looking for advise

mommyto2kids

Cruise leaves Sat morning (Oct 16)

We are going to fly into Fort Lauderdale b/c its cheaper.

Planning to come in Friday am, current flight I am looking at arrives at 12:17pm.

We want to use Friday to pick up water/soda and relax as a way to start our vacation. We will not have a car.

I am going to start doing some research, but am trying to figure out if we should get a hotel in Fort Lauderdale and arrange transportation to Miami Port or travel to Miami on Friday and get a hotel there.

Any thoughts on what would be easier, cheaper, nicer? and I have a some questions

What would be the best transportation option for a family of 4 from Fort Lauderdale Airport to a Miami hotel?

I'm seen some Miami airports offer shuttle to the port included in a package price for a room, is this a good plan or is a taxi cheaper ( we will have luggage for 4 people).

Any other thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.

I'm currently looking into options from FLL to POM with no hotel in between. We are two adults and two kids. Here's what I've come up with, I hope it helps you:

RideSAS.com - $50 each way for all four of us and luggage (waiting for info re: carseats)

allstarstransportation.com - $80.50 each way for all four of us and luggage (they offer carseats for kids at $7 per seat)

Carnival shuttle - $30 pp = $120 each way for family of four, no carseats needed because it's a bus

Larry's Limo - $84 for a town car, $120 for limo each way

GoAirport - $70 + tip way there, $101 return, bring your own car seats

We are also coming into FLL the day before our cruise, staying in FL and then going to POM the next morning. We are using Quality Limo Service because of the many great reviews of communication and promptness here on the boards. They are picking us (3) up at the Embassy Suites on 17th St and taking us to POM for $60. They're also taking us back to the FL Hilton Beach Resort after the cruise for $75. Have a great cruise!!!

We have used QLS (Quality Limo Service) in the past and are using them again in less than two weeks. They are taking us from FLL to Miami Hyatt the day before our cruise and after the cruise back to the FLL Hilton. Cost for both trips totaled right at 100. They were prompt and constantly in contact with us before and after the cruise. Their service was excellent last time and I am picky about this sort of thing. Hopes this helps a bit.

Is there a reason you are opposed to renting a car. If you use the Promo Code KISSE you can get a full size car (hopefully enough room for your luggage), in FLL, and return it to MIA, and they will give you and your family free shuttle service to POM. I used this the last 3 years and am using the same for my Oct 2nd Cruise.

This give more options for you hotel. You can pretty much stay anywhere.

Then I've used SAS for transporatation after the cruise, POM to FLL for $15 per person.

Is there a reason you are opposed to renting a car. If you use the Promo Code KISSE you can get a full size car (hopefully enough room for your luggage), in FLL, and return it to MIA, and they will give you and your family free shuttle service to POM. I used this the last 3 years and am using the same for my Oct 2nd Cruise.

This give more options for you hotel. You can pretty much stay anywhere.

Then I've used SAS for transporatation after the cruise, POM to FLL for $15 per person.

You may want to confirm the shuttle thing as I just read a post saying that the car companies aren't doing shuttles now that they are building a new rental car hub at the airport.

Just flew into FLL and stayed at the Comfort Inn Cruise Port South - by no means a 4 star but it suited our purpose. They offered a port of miami package that includes shuttle to Miami. It worked really well and was reasonable. They had a shuttle desk that also would set up return transport to FLL for an additional charge.

I would stay there again.

We are finishing a cruise at fLL and then flying from MIami Airport to San Fran for which we have flights booked.

What, if anyone can help, is best way to get from cruise terminal to Miami Airport.

A long way from home for us and new to the area.

Thanks

I'm currently looking into options from FLL to POM with no hotel in between. We are two adults and two kids. Here's what I've come up with, I hope it helps you:

RideSAS.com - $50 each way for all four of us and luggage (waiting for info re: carseats)

allstarstransportation.com - $80.50 each way for all four of us and luggage (they offer carseats for kids at $7 per seat)

Carnival shuttle - $30 pp = $120 each way for family of four, no carseats needed because it's a bus

Larry's Limo - $84 for a town car, $120 for limo each way

GoAirport - $70 + tip way there, $101 return, bring your own car seats

Thanks for this. I was just beginning to research this as we are flying into FLL and need transport to Miami.

I got info on one more company to add to the list I've already posted:

quality limo service, $15 pp each way. They do pick ups at FLL three times a day - 10am, 12pm or 1pm. Return drives at 9am, 11am, 12pm. Book on line. They have a booster seat in each van for a 4 or 5 year old, but bring your own carseat if you need a different kind. 1888-757-0021, very prompt at returning my phone call and sounded professional. I just don't like the sound of only 3 pick up times. Could mean missing a ride or having to wait around. I like the idea of ridesas.com where you call when you arrive and they come get you. They're comparable in price.

I just booked rideSAS.com, I liked the response I got from them as well as the price and their reputation here. Let's hope it goes well.

We used SAS for our last cruise as well. Everything was wonderful EXCEPT the carseat part. Make sure that when you are in contact with the driver that you verify (a couple of times if you have to) that they have the car seats that you are needing. When they came to get us at the ship after our cruise, one of the boosters they were supposed to have for our party was conveniently in another van :eek:. Took a while to get it all straightened out. Thankfully, we didn't have to be in a hurry to get to MIA.

Other than that detail (which was pretty huge for me, since I'm one of "those" car seat moms), the service was wonderful.

Archived