Leaving Seattle--How early

I would definitely plan on using self-disembarkation and carrying your own bags off. The nice thing about doing that and getting off the ship early is you won't have as long of a wait for in the taxi line for a ride to the airport.

SEA is a about 15 miles South of downtown and it should only take 20-30 minutes to get there, but ... it could also take an hour, you never know.

For an 11:30 flight you should be at the airport at 9:30 which mean you need to be in a cab and rolling by 9:00am. If your comfortable with that then go for it.

Might also consider using the internet center on the ship the day before and print out your boarding passes in advance. On less thing to do at the airport.

It can also take a long time to get out of Pier 91, where the Princess ships dock. It's one of the worst designed cruise terminals I've ever seen in terms of traffic flow, and on behalf of all Seattleites, I apologize for the incredibly poor job the Port did in designing it. If you have a time crunch, I would recommend self disembarking and rushing out of there to the taxi stand as quickly as possible. Once you're out of the terminal, it's not bad getting to SeaTac, especially on weekends.

Archived